The best in the business

DBB - unemployed
Grant Ingles - unemployed
Graeme Sharp - unemployed
David Unsworth - unemployed, sacked by Oldham in National League
Duncan Ferguson - ICT manager, 2nd bottom of Scottish Championship
If we’re talking about the business of being utterly devoid of any talent, skill or acumen to successfully fulfil the duties of their office, then they certainly are the best!

DBB - unemployed
"I miss the place, I miss the football and I miss the derbies. You are a long time retired, I have been retired for five years and it feels like 25. So to the players that are here now, stay in football as long as you can and stay at this Club as long as you can because there is only one way after leaving this Club, and that is down."
- Duncan Ferguson

DBB - unemployed
To think 2 of that lot were are caretaker managers once and nearly got the job.

Kenwrights name or picture should be no where near BMD

Question: Does Ferguson deserve to be on this list?

My point being that some of the best coaches in the game fail at management level. Does not mean that they are failures, maybe it is because I never understood some people's hatred for him when he was here. He is a guy that always has his heart in the right place for Everton and is not even close to being a reason for the mess we are in now.

I suppose, the same(ish) for Unsworth as well but I guess the academy production line was not the best under him??

It wouldn’t be unusual for the board members to be contractually prevented from getting other work for a defined period.

That said, the general point stands.
Mrs. Baxindale said she was actively looking for another job twelve months before she left Everton.
Sharp was in well paid jobs at Everton for years and years doing basically nothing important before he gladly accepted the directors position where he got a lot more for doing even less.

He can’t go in Goodison Park? It didn’t stop him going to a jam packed Aintree racecourse to watch the Grand National a week after he stopped going to watch Everton at Goodison Park while still taking his wages.

Question: Does Ferguson deserve to be on this list?

My point being that some of the best coaches in the game fail at management level. Does not mean that they are failures, maybe it is because I never understood some people's hatred for him when he was here. He is a guy that always has his heart in the right place for Everton and is not even close to being a reason for the mess we are in now.

I suppose, the same(ish) for Unsworth as well but I guess the academy production line was not the best under him??
Aye, there's a huge difference between being a great coach (even Assistant Manager) and being an actual manager, with all the responsibilities and pressure.

Look at many of Ferguson's assistants: you'd think they'd have a step-up from learning from one of (if not the) best, but it doesn't pan out like that.

You'd hope that he had the club's best interests at heart, too. The rest, well it is testament to the nepotism Kenwright and co. prepared as it cemented his position.

It was much easier for him to have yes men and women around him to sustain his power, rather than people competent within footballing roles at the highest level.

Baxendale was good at running a small, local charity, but there's a sizable difference between that and a large football club, with all that entails.

It pains me to say it, however you only need to look across the park to see how appointing the right people in the right places can be the catalyst for success.

It wouldn’t be unusual for the board members to be contractually prevented from getting other work for a defined period.

That said, the general point stands.
Those contracts being the ones belonging to other clubs recruitment teams and the defined period being until hell freezes over.

He had absolutely no business accepting the job on the board; in my opinion.

Might be the most fantastic fella ever; but how does that translate to working in a high pressure role; like on a board of a Premier League club?

Had the most comfortable of all jobs too; him and Graham Stuart being all expenses everywhere they went watching the club they love... why would he ever give that up?

Surely he was only ever a front man, put in the job by Bill to try and appease the fans?