The Americans are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt be unduly concerned here. As it stands there isn't much low-hanging fruit in the way of asset stripping. And even so, we need to rediscover making a profit on player trading.

The balance sheet is one thing, but the management of the day-to-day financing of the club is another. If it was a fund type investor, then they are going to want to engineer a return to profitability and prudent management of our affairs.

Profit and prudence don't have to be dirty words. Moshiri can't claim either at Everton and look at the state of us. If at a minimum, a new owner was motivated mainly by getting our house in order and selling for a profit then I can accept what would be inevitable tight financial management anyway.

What we don't want is a leveraged buy-out of Moshiri. Virtually anything outside of that is preferable to the current state of affairs. It could hardly be otherwise.

The Ricketts family would not surprise me if Chelsea falls through.
The Ricketts are like a less obnoxious FSG. They bought the Chicago Cubs, cleaned out that club’s longstanding loser culture, and modernised their classic ground without destroying its character. I don’t think they have the money to compete at the top of the Premier League, but no one with clean assets will. You could do a lot worse than them.

I wouldnt be unduly concerned here. As it stands there isn't much low-hanging fruit in the way of asset stripping. And even so, we need to rediscover making a profit on player trading.

The balance sheet is one thing, but the management of the day-to-day financing of the club is another. If it was a fund type investor, then they are going to want to engineer a return to profitability and prudent management of our affairs.

Profit and prudence don't have to be dirty words. Moshiri can't claim either at Everton and look at the state of us. If at a minimum, a new owner was motivated mainly by getting our house in order and selling for a profit then I can accept what would be inevitable tight financial management anyway.

What we don't want is a leveraged buy-out of Moshiri. Virtually anything outside of that is preferable to the current state of affairs. It could hardly be otherwise.

That sort of competence would be greatly welcomed. I'd rather Moshiri stayed and changed the management, but if he's not prepared to do that, a new management would probably be better for us. Moshiri's cash has basically papered over cracks.

I'd rather he sold to a very wealthy Sheikh, but competent business people would also be welcomed.

We were far better under Moyes, with less money but a coherent plan.

I suspect American investors will see name recognition value, an undervalued asset and have a plan to improve that,

The Ricketts are like a less obnoxious FSG. They bought the Chicago Cubs, cleaned out that club’s longstanding loser culture, and modernised their classic ground without destroying its character. I don’t think they have the money to compete at the top of the Premier League, but no one with clean assets will. You could do a lot worse than them.
Mate they are actual Nazis.

I read somewhere that Soros tried for Spurs but Joe Louis wouldn't entertain them as they wanted an end goal of putting them on the NYSE. Don't know how true

At the time Moshiri bought the club we were strongly linked with an American buyout in fact Moshiri just seem to come from nowhere.
Does anyone remember who the yanks were that we were talking to?

Whatever you say about Moshiri he has put money in. It’s just football know-how that’s been lacking,

It really depends on who they are. Some american owners are the very best in the world, combining great knowledge of how to run a sports franchise with true sales/marketing knowledge and good accounting. Others would only view a sports franchise as a money making endeavor, so they would be looking to keep things tight and make a return ala Kroenke.

The main advantage is any american owners will be entrepreneurial and capitalist with good connections, so the first thing they would change is our woeful sponsorship deals. American owners would be much less likely to want to own a team for prestige and popularity like middle eastern buyers who will not care as much about losing money.

Status
Not open for further replies.