The Americans are coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but what I maintain is when he owned the club we were a very stable football club now were a rotten mess and that mess is 100% on the shoulders of Moshiri.
Nobody can blame Bil for the recent catastrophic way the club has been ran, if it was Bill's fault he would of got us into this mess when he owned the club.
you have outdone yourself again,
hes the chairman ffs!

Who was the chairman when Bill owned the club?
Technically bill but in reality it was Moyes basically. Moshiri was the only investor willing to retain Bill. Kenwright wasnt interested in selling to someone who he would have to relinquish influence and his presence over the club. So to answer your question that how we ended up with the calamitous reign of Moshiri

If they are anything like the Yanks who bought Burnley there will be no money coming in.
As I keep saying, BEFORE the Newcastle takeover Everton were 1 of only 3 clubs whos owners "invested" their own money into the clubs they own.

The majority of owners in this league use loans to buy clubs and have never dipped their hands in their own pockets once, like the fellas over the park.

Bill was.
he screwed up kings dock
he tried to move is to a tesco car park
he lied about the suitability of Goodson
he failed to find investment to help his manager get to the next level
he sold Wayne Rooney
he sold the whole club to a nut job
he won nothing.
Nonsense, for a start the Tesco thing didn't happen so it's a irrelevant point.
As for this rubbish about failing to find investment, he found Moshiri, the investment came, but unfortunately a despot sticking his nose in came with it.
We had to sell Ronney because of the financial mess we were in due to the previous owner.
It's a undeniable fact when Bill owned and ran the club we were stable, we enjoyed European football, we were not a relegation candidate, that only came because of Moshiri

I do genuinely believe there’s substance to it.

The more I read about Moshiri, the more I genuinely believe he’s just a front for Usmanov, free from the Legal scenarios a dodgy character may get into.

This was quite a telling article. I think they’ll be clever, and they’ll make sure their asset is protected, no doubt, but I’d be shocked if they aren’t putting the feelers out.

Whether it’s anything more than that, who knows, but of all the Prem sides, I’d say we’re not far off Chelsea in “likely to sell” catergory.

Nonsense, for a start the Tesco thing didn't happen so it's a irrelevant point.
As for this rubbish about failing to find investment, he found Moshiri, the investment came, but unfortunately a despot sticking his nose in came with it.
We had to sell Ronney because of the financial mess we were in due to the previous owner.
It's a undeniable fact when Bill owned and ran the club we were stable, we enjoyed European football, we were not a relegation candidate, that only came because of Moshiri

Normally agree with what you post, but this just is selective in what you want to believe.

Kenwright lobbied for Kirkby because Leahy was putting a load of money down for it, so it was a cheap fix, perfect for Bills resources.

It’s widely acknowledged thag a whole host of people came forward to inquire about Everton, and Bill wasn’t looking to sell but was looking for an investor (see Robert Earl).

We had to sell Rooney for more than the Johnson era, if it was so bad, why was it not fixed in the 5-years since Kenwright took over?

The reality is, Kenwright got very lucky with Moyes. Moyes came in, worked on a shoestring and worked miracles. Kenwright wanted to appoint Gary Megson, only for the manager he sacked to force his hand and tell him to go for Moyes. He gave Moyes whatever he could, but that was never going to be enough, that’s not on Lenwright, but had he actually been looking, we may have had a pot for Moyes to flex his muscles.

There will be lots behind the scenes I don’t know, but his tenure has been a total disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.