The 25 man squad 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyEvo

Player Valuation: £10m
Brands spoke in the AGM about his plan for a 25 man squad including one or two youth players.

Given the current economic climate we will not see many ins and outs. It isn’t financial limitation our end but we have to be concerned that we need to offload players in order to bring some in to free squad place. If rumours are to be believed there are only 5/6 clubs who will be able to spend this summer (we’re one of those clubs).

So, where do we look at (realistically).

In an ideal world I’d like to shift half of them including Keane, Walcott, Iwobi, Delph, MS etc but I don’t think that’ll happen.

GK: Pickford and Lossl (or new GK) and Virginia

RB : Coleman and Kenny
CB : Mina, Holgate, Keane, new CB (Gabriel?)
LB: Digne and Baines
CM : Gomes, Delph, Davies, Gbamin and New (who this is, I have no idea)
LM : Bernard and Gordon
RM: Iwobi (we would also have Richarlison who can cover either wing - so between Iwobi, Bernard and a new winger I think we would have apt cover)
AM : Sigurdsson (or a new AM if we move him on
CF: Richarlison, Kean, DCL and new

That would make up 25 with Walcott, MS, Niasse, Martina and Tosun all out the door.

Any thoughts?

Add in Ryan Fraser as he is all the rage at the moment!!!
tumblr_m9kpuafP9n1rsk8rdo1_400.gifv

ryan-fraser.jpg

GK - Pickford, New GK
RB - Coleman, New RB
LB - Digne, Gibson
CB - Mina, Keane, Holgate, New CB
CM - Gomes, Davies, Iceland, Delph, Gmblammo, New CM
LM - Bernie, Iwobi
RM - Walcott, New RM
ST - DCL, Rico, Kean

Sell everybody else if possible.

GK - Pickford, New GK
RB - Coleman, New RB
LB - Digne, Gibson
CB - Mina, Keane, Holgate, New CB
CM - Gomes, Davies, Iceland, Delph, Gmblammo, New CM
LM - Bernie, Iwobi
RM - Walcott, New RM
ST - DCL, Rico, Kean

Sell everybody else if possible.

Sell Pickford, Coleman, Gibson, Keane, Davies (twice), Iceland, Iwobi, Walcott and DCL and then finally ok this is the football what we like

I agree. The transfer thread wants him though at the expense of Bernard. Think we could do alot better than that.
I don't think anyone wants him but rather the point was being made that we could dump Bernard and sign Fraser on a free and make money without making the team any worse.

Of course we could get better that goes without saying, but it does speak to how dire our wide players have been the last two seasons.

Ideally yes, but he would need replacing and we would get nothing for him, same with Walcott, Keane, Pickford, Delph, Davies and Iwobi.
We would get nothing for all of those? Well that's not true. We could even loan Sig out and get some of his wages off the books he doesn't fit into a 442. Someone would take him at a knockdown price he is still rated by other clubs weirdly...

We would get nothing for all of those? Well that's not true. We could even loan Sig out and get some of his wages off the books he doesn't fit into a 442. Someone would take him at a knockdown price he is still rated by other clubs weirdly...

We wouldnt get enough to replace him and I doubt hes rated by many clubs anymore.

But im certainly not against punting him if possible.

GK: Pickford / ??? / Virginia
RB: ??? / Kenny
CB: Holgate / Mina / ??? / Gibson
LB: Digne / Baines
RM: ??? / Walcott
CM: Gomes / ??? / Gbamin / Davies
LM: Bernard / Iwobi
CF: Richarlison / DCL / Kean / Gordon

18 players out of a possible 23.

5 incomings...

Status
Not open for further replies.