The 2 years since Martinez left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing RAWK like in stating a fact. Our best PL season saw us running up 72 points...maths is not my strong suit but I make that 7 points better than any other previous best PL season points tally of 65 points and therefore the best season.

So what you're saying is that when Liverpool came 2nd in 13/14 with 84 points, they had a better season than Leicester in 15/16 when they won the league with 81 points?

And our current defence is water-tight under a defensive master tactician is it?
No it isn't but that was not my point. Bobby clown shoes was a joke pure and simple. He spoke about Mcgeady as if he was Trevor Steven, about Alcarez as if he was Ratcliffe.
I am far from a fan of Sam but he will get us to a top half finish whereas the clown had back to back bottom half finishes.The support for the semi against Man U was the most depressed and defeated I have ever known in the build up to a big game and in the pubs before the match everyone was on the march with Howard's army as nobody could fetch themselves to sing his name.
Both not the answer and a disaster but only one of the two would be bad enough to lead us to the Championship.

No, match going Evertonians wanted him out as he’d showed he was incapable of turning the ship around and had, had to endure watching a season consisting of 3 home wins. He fully deserved the sack, and the board agreed, get over it ffs.
It sounds like you need to get over it mate. Just accept that there is competing viewpoints on Martinez and his three season period here. It's not hard to do. I accept and have for a while that the man had to leave when he did. You for your part should at least be able to concede that there was good and bad to his time here...which is a damn sight more than the last two divvies employed as FT managers of this club.

Points dont matter, how many points did we have in 1987? Without googling not a chance you know the answer, what we know is that we finished first, only placing matters in the league, not points.
Points gained in both 86/87 and 13/14 tell me we were a force in those seasons - THAT'S why it matters. And you know as well as I do that we have no chance of ever competing at that end of the table with elite club level points for the foreseeable future. It was a tremendous effort of 21 wins in 38 games, and we won get near that again anytime soon.

Just admit it: it was a season that had us playing, great winning football and puts that dirge of a fluked season 04/05 under Moyes in the shade.

Following your somewhat warped logic would that mean if a club finished second one season and won the league the following season but actually amassed a couple less points in winning the league than in finishing second, their greater achievement would have been the season they came runners up?
Ha ha. NO. You are aware that to win a title these days you need at least 80 odd points? How is your analogy apt in any way?

Lol.

How do you get to game set and match by double faulting all your service points?

You make no sense whatsoever.

No matter if I don’t log onto this site for 2 weeks or 2 months, I can be assured that one of the first things I am likely to stumble across in any thread when I do log on, is you harping on about this 72 points season.

You are an inspiration to senior citizens everywhere.

Ha ha. NO. You are aware that to win a title these days you need at least 80 odd points? How is your analogy apt in any way?

Lol.

Was Chelsea's 3rd place finish in 2013/14 with 82 points, better than Leicester's achievement of winning the league in 2015/16 when Leicester got 81? That is what you are effectively arguing.

Points gained in both 86/87 and 13/14 tell me we were a force in those seasons - THAT'S why it matters. And you know as well as I do that we have no chance of ever competing at that end of the table with elite club level points for the foreseeable future. It was a tremendous effort of 21 wins in 38 games, and we won get near that again anytime soon.

Just admit it: it was a season that had us playing, great winning football and puts that dirge of a fluked season 04/05 under Moyes in the shade.
Moyes won manager of the year 3 times.Fergie only won 4. A good manager gets the best out of what he has to work with. Moyes did that much better than the clown.

Was Chelsea's 3rd place finish in 2013/14 with 82 points, better than Leicester's achievement of winning the league in 2015/16 when Leicester got 81? That is what you are effectively arguing.
No, of corse not! But it was undeniably a great effort by Chelsea. Can't see your point at all here.

Moyes won manager of the year 3 times.Fergie only won 4. A good manager gets the best out of what he has to work with. Moyes did that much better than the clown.
The clown outwitted Moyes when manager of Wigan and then when Moyes had Uniteds resources at his disposal.

I hope we get a clown like that again this summer.

The clown outwitted Moyes when manager of Wigan and then when Moyes had Uniteds resources at his disposal.

I hope we get a clown like that again this summer.
And the week after the cup fiasco we came out and gave it to City. More often than not Moyes got a reaction out of them after a stinker.
Bobby' s teams never. They were good at giving late goals away though. This is where he outwitted thousands of fans for years with all of his waffle.

I regret deeply that Roberto decided to become a muppet and utterly disregard the basics of defending and playing with intensity.

He gave me my favourite season of my lifetime. I thought he was the one. Alas, he was not but those were days of great hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.