The 2 years since Martinez left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddock1982

Player Valuation: £225k
The last Everton Manager to be given the so called "3 years to get it right" timescale.
Since then we have-
lost both visits to Burnley,
both visits to Southampton,
both visits to Bournemouth,
both visits to Watford,
won neither trips to relegation haunted Swansea,failed to win this season at woeful West Brom failed to win last season at relegated Middlesbrough or terrible West Ham and have not beaten a top 7 side home or away this season in 14 attempts.
Clearly keep sacking managers isn't the answer and maybe with hindsight Martinez should have been given Moshiris' millions to get it right.

He was too blind to defending though. I did like his forward play mind you. Would I have kept him? Not the way we finished his final season. I agree chopping and changing doesn't help. The next manager needs at least three seasons to build.
We have conceded more this season than the last two under Martinez.I know it's hypothetical now but he did sign us Lukaku,our record goalscorer in the prem and managed to win at United which no other EFC manager has achieved since Kendall.
Most Everton managers will be hounded out now if he isn't instantly successful because Moyes lasted so long without it.

We have conceded more this season than the last two under Martinez.I know it's hypothetical now but he did sign us Lukaku,our record goalscorer in the prem and managed to win at United which no other EFC manager has achieved since Kendall.
Most Everton managers will be hounded out now if he isn't instantly successful because Moyes lasted so long without it.

By accident after going for Demba Ba and being offered Lukaku on loan instead.

In other historic questions would it have been better for us if Harald Hardrada had defeated Harold Godwinson at the Battle of Stamford bridge in 1066?

(Well it's got to be more interesting than another Martinez thread ,)
Not really a Martinez thread this just an analysis of the 2 years of managerial instability since he left.

Oh for the love of...

We would have in all probability went down and there'd be no millions to spend.

It's amazing how short peoples memories are.
Why would we have gone down, we had no problems winning away games under him and the defensive shambles was largely down to the ongoing Stones saga.

The last Everton Manager to be given the so called "3 years to get it right" timescale.
Since then we have-
lost both visits to Burnley,
both visits to Southampton,
both visits to Bournemouth,
both visits to Watford,
won neither trips to relegation haunted Swansea,failed to win this season at woeful West Brom failed to win last season at relegated Middlesbrough or terrible West Ham and have not beaten a top 7 side home or away this season in 14 attempts.
Clearly keep sacking managers isn't the answer and maybe with hindsight Martinez should have been given Moshiris' millions to get it right.
Bed and sleeping pills

Status
Not open for further replies.