The 1984/5 Season - a Sportsnight special

Status
Not open for further replies.

That side played sublime football but if someone thought about trying to kick them off the pitch they soon found out that was a major tactical mistake.

Speaking of games from the 80s, the FA cup derby win from 1981 is on BT Sport tonight at midnight...full game AFAIK.

Taster:

EDIT:

Apologies. It's down on one of those crappy weekly tv guides as scheduled for tonight, but it's not on tonight's schedules.

Bah.

Last edited:

Speaking of games from the 80s, the FA cup derby win from 1981 is on BT Sport tonight at midnight...full game AFAIK.

Taster:

EDIT:

Apologies. It's down on one of those crappy weekly tv guides as scheduled for tonight, but it's not on tonight's schedules.

Bah.

Playing in a football tournament as a 11 year old. Of course long before the days of mobile phones. Couldn’t believe it when I got back in my dad’s car and to hear we’d won. Derby wins were nearly as scarce back then as they are now.

The league was a much more level playing field in those days. Every game was tough.
You didn't have the enormous gulf that you have today where the top sides are so far ahead of the rest.

The way money influences the game today, you may get the odd Leicester season but on the whole what we see is the pattern for the future.

What a side we had. What a side we don't have.

The league was a much more level playing field in those days. Every game was tough.
You didn't have the enormous gulf that you have today where the top sides are so far ahead of the rest.

The way money influences the game today, you may get the odd Leicester season but on the whole what we see is the pattern for the future.

What a side we had. What a side we don't have.

Yep, sad to see the game go this way, or do I just feel like that because we are the very definition of a middle club, I won't say a nothing club because that's disrespectful to our heritage but we are literally just making up the numbers in the prem, I find top flight football a bit dull in the modern era if I'm honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.