Thank you to the fans, from America

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjbert

Player Valuation: £750k
40,000 in Goodison tonight. In 20 years, 250,000 dads will tell their kids they were in the stadium for this match.

Thankful for our fans for showing up, organizing and pulling this squad over the line. Enjoy your well deserved holidays this summer and I’m excited to be back in Goodison with you all on my visit in August.

All the best.

Co-sign.

Will do everything possible to bring my family over next year. Can’t wait.

Hope some of you make it to Baltimore, see you there if so.

How bizarre to be swept up into the life of this club from across an ocean, five time zones away, playing a game that I didn’t know growing up. And here it’s one of the biggest joys/afflictions of my life.

Cause of youze, really. Nothing like it anywhere. Thanks for having me. UTFT

Gringo in Brasil feeling likewise. Obviously the team did the job, but we all know without the nutters screaming "Spirit of the Blues" for the last month on end, we'd have been dead and buried weeks ago.

Take a freaking bow.

Prior to this Covid thing, had hoped to visit Goodison before my 50th this November. Now feel I got my present early just by staying up and watching 30,000+ people engage in the impromptu Goodison Karaoke Party. Celebration enough for me.

Gringo in Brasil feeling likewise. Obviously the team did the job, but we all know without the nutters screaming "Spirit of the Blues" for the last month on end, we'd have been dead and buried weeks ago.

Take a freaking bow.

Prior to this Covid thing, had hoped to visit Goodison before my 50th this November. Now feel I got my present early just by staying up and watching 30,000+ people engage in the impromptu Goodison Karaoke Party. Celebration enough for me.

You should go. Goodison will be gone soon. Aren’t many proper football stadiums left like Goodison. Even with the poles and crap seats and troughs in the bathrooms.

Feels like you’re in heaven

Take a freaking bow.

I thought you were in Paraguay?

I thought you were in Paraguay?

That was so Koeman. Moved in 2017 to Bogota, was there for Mina signing. 2020 had a World Trip planned that Covid killed dead and were lucky enough to land a position in the Land of Richarlison. Will be here at least one more year. Love it. As a gringo tourist down here, Brazilians were my fave (non-Paraguayan) peoples, always super friendly and ready to party... and living here it's not off mark.

Funniest bit is one of my two favorite breweries here in Curitiba (the Bend/Ashville of BRA) is named Joy Project. Ordered some delivery during quarantine, laughed with the brewery because the delivery guy was named Everton. I joked, "It's a good sign, I like Everton, I like beer, he's named Everton... "

Turns out the brewer is ALSO named Everton. And, by virtue of his name, roots for, well, Everton.

Will probably Uber over there this weekend.

That was so Koeman. Moved in 2017 to Bogota, was there for Mina signing. 2020 had a World Trip planned that Covid killed dead and were lucky enough to land a position in the Land of Richarlison. Will be here at least one more year. Love it. As a gringo tourist down here, Brazilians were my fave (non-Paraguayan) peoples, always super friendly and ready to party... and living here it's not off mark.

Funniest bit is one of my two favorite breweries here in Curitiba (the Bend/Ashville of BRA) is named Joy Project. Ordered some delivery during quarantine, laughed with the brewery because the delivery guy was named Everton. I joked, "It's a good sign, I like Everton, I like beer, he's named Everton... "

Turns out the brewer is ALSO named Everton. And, by virtue of his name, roots for, well, Everton.

Will probably Uber over there this weekend.

Thanks for the updates! I am so 2017.

Happy you are doing well.

You will be able to resonate with this. The results up until tonight felt exactly like 2018 USMNT failing to make the World Cup.

Every scenario beyond the wildest had us through. Totally crushed.

You will be able to resonate with this. The results up until tonight felt exactly like 2018 USMNT failing to make the World Cup.

Thanks, mate. Hope you are doing as well as I am. Hopefully better.

That night in 2018, damned near the worst football night of my life. As a man of (then) 3 flags, all the US, Paraguay and Colombia were all battling for spots. US lost a game they shouldn't have abroad, Paraguay lost at home to CONMEBOL #9 Venezuela, and ColOmbia, who could have been leapfrogged by both Paraguay and Peru managed a draw with Peru to qualify. A point by the US or ColOmbia, a win by PY... all three SHOULD have made it. Nope.

At least now with time in Brazil I am safe. If they don't make a WC, well, no point.

But yeah, tonight reminded me a LOT of that fateful night 4 years ago... Even with EFC playing at the Emirates, this weekend assumed it all came down to today.

#UTFT and knock back some local barley soda for me.

Thanks, mate. Hope you are doing as well as I am. Hopefully better.

That night in 2018, damned near the worst football night of my life. As a man of (then) 3 flags, all the US, Paraguay and Colombia were all battling for spots. US lost a game they shouldn't have abroad, Paraguay lost at home to CONMEBOL #9 Venezuela, and ColOmbia, who could have been leapfrogged by both Paraguay and Peru managed a draw with Peru to qualify. A point by the US or ColOmbia, a win by PY... all three SHOULD have made it. Nope.

At least now with time in Brazil I am safe. If they don't make a WC, well, no point.

But yeah, tonight reminded me a LOT of that fateful night 4 years ago... Even with EFC playing at the Emirates, this weekend assumed it all came down to today.

#UTFT and knock back some local barley soda for me.
I had the same dreadful feeling with this as I did with 2018. Especially down by 2 at half with burnley leading Villa. Seemed like the perfect storm for misery like T&T

40,000 in Goodison tonight. In 20 years, 250,000 dads will tell their kids they were in the stadium for this match.

Thankful for our fans for showing up, organizing and pulling this squad over the line. Enjoy your well deserved holidays this summer and I’m excited to be back in Goodison with you all on my visit in August.

All the best.
Bring some tea.

Thought this was a fun read from a new Everton American fan

Good tale that mate, I always find it humbling that people like you, who live so far away get so engaged with our great (and at the same time dysfunctional) club. On my way up to the ground yesterday an American lady asked me if she was going in the right direction to get to Goodison. Walking up Spellow Lane with her and her husband, she explained that similar to you she had adopted Everton having gotten into football watching the American Ladies team be so successful. Like you she didn't want to hitch her wagon to a successful club, but wanted one with a feeling of community. She chose Everton and go so into us she had to come over for what could have been the last ever home game at Goodison Park. She didnt have a ticket to the game by the wya, but she felt she had to be there.

When we got to the ground we wished each other luck and parted ways. Half an hour later I saw her again briefly, face and hair blue with the smoke from the flares and a huge smile on herface, she spotted me and simply said ‘Wow’! :) i am so glad that her dedication was rewarded by such a great result.

Status
Not open for further replies.