Thank you Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydawg68

Chairperson, People's Front of Saint Domingo
It's been a well and truly [Poor language removed] couple of days. One of my best mates of 33 years died of cancer on Thursday morning. 49 years old.

I've been a shell since then. Barely left the house in 3 days.

Totally forgot we're even playing today to be honest. I got up late and remembered but for some reason the DVR didn't record the game even though I have it set to record everything Everton. Here in the States we have the NBC sports app though so I debated whether to even go back and watch it. After the FA cup exit I had very little hope we'd even show up. But I did. And bless them boys they made me smile for the first time in 3 days.

Everton drive me mad. Like a woman you are madly in love with who has the power to do your head in but seems to be the only one who knows exactly what to do at the right time to rescue you.

Tuesday is the wake and me and my mates will gather to remember our friend we called Bull. No one called him Mark in our group ever. He was a Bull of a man too. But cancer is a evil bitch. Took my dad 2 years ago and now this. That will be a very difficult day but the boys in Royal Blue rescued me from my doom for a bit today and I'll remember this win my whole life.

Farewell And RIP Bull. COYB.

It's been a well and truly [Poor language removed] couple of days. One of my best mates of 33 years died of cancer on Thursday morning. 49 years old.

Totally forgot we're even playing today to be honest. I got up late and remembered but for some reason the DVR didn't record the game even though I have it set to record everything Everton. Here in the States we have the NBC sports app though so I debated whether to even go back and watch it. After the FA cup exit I had very little hope we'd even show up. But I did. And bless them boys they made me smile for the first time in 3 days.

Everton drive me mad. Like a woman you are madly in love with who has the power to do your head in but seems to be the only one who knows exactly what to do at the right time to rescue you.

Tuesday is the wake and me and my mates will gather to remember our friend we called Bull. No one called him Mark in our group ever. He was a Bull of a man too. But cancer is a evil bitch. Took my dad 2 years ago and now this. That will be a very difficult day but the boys in Royal Blue rescued me from my doom for a bit today and I'll remember this win my whole life.

hangover-brohug_gif.gif

Deepest sympathies pal. Stay strong big guy. Love you X

My condolences mate. Glad your day was improved for a few hours.

All the best Johnny.

This is why we keep going back year after year, despite most of those years being dross and misery. Because when your team gets it right for you, it lifts your very soul! I hope you see your mate off in style buddy, my sympathies to you and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.