Terribly bad biased journalism by liverpool echo sky sports bt sports and match of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shearer I can live with as he was pretty much the only one in the fans corner over fat sam. I like Neville, he speaks well and agree with him or not you can tell he puts a lot of effort into it. Ian Wright may as well be lobotomized, complete idiot and don't really want to hear him talk after his jingoistic send them to afghanistan crap if they don't play for their country, no time for that nonsense. The spitting thing with carragher is hard to get around, such a kopite thing to do getting that wound up about footy, but yesterday he was actually less biased than Tyler and speaking up publicly supporting bramely moore for the good of the city goes a long way with me.

With you on Pat Nevin, intelligent and decent fellow, a good article on him here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-set-apart-love-affair-football-undimmed.html

Top bloke Pat Nevin. One of the first footballers I ever met as an adult - thought all footballers were bright based on knowing him from indie gigs. We had a mutual friend who was in an obscure band called the Cocteau Twins. Was amazed he was also a fan. Iirc he was far more into music, art and culture than he ever was into football but he made his money from playing football.

Top bloke Pat Nevin. One of the first footballers I ever met as an adult - thought all footballers were bright based on knowing him from indie gigs. We had a mutual friend who was in an obscure band called the Cocteau Twins. Was amazed he was also a fan. Iirc he was far more into music, art and culture than he ever was into football but he made his money from playing football.
Good to hear mate, the more I read about him the more I empathise with him, particularly embracing what his work colleagues saw as him being a bit odd or different

Carra is the big disgrace amongst them all, and I am not referring to his spitting offence, even though he should have been sacked by SKY. I am referring to his inability to separate himself from his passion for Liverpool when commentating on their games. One game last season stood out for me when the RS were not doing very well by half time, and he kept saying "we" in respect of the RS efforts and what "we" should do to win the game.

Did anyone notice the error/slur during the introduction by Gary Lineker (ex Everton) on MotD?

200.gif

Pat Nevin is one of my all-time favourites and that was a good article. But typically, barely a mention of Everton and only one photo

Shouldn't be a problem how many are 'for' a certain team; it's just up to the TV companies to pick somebody neutral or to pick an even number from both sides, including co-commentary! There are more than enough to go around. What annoyed me last weekend was that SKY took this option for the other two derbies (Neville on Spurs-Arsenal; Alan Smith on CFC-FFC), but then we had Carragher.

And for the people saying it doesn't matter: the immediate, high-profile pundits shape so much in the game. Particularly when they can be the first one to express an opinion or highlight something. From who gets investigated for diving/elbowing etc., to the branding of a club's playing style, its manager and its players, to what fans think about a team. It stretches so far. Yes, there is a whole lot more that matters too. But to suggest it's insignificant goes completely contrary to evidence.
Yeah just like fake news

Just Google Everton AND see how many news item's about RS pop up. Especially celebrating the derby, disgraceful. If it was France Italy Spain Argentina there would be a civil war
Talk to the Spanish supporters. All they get is Real Madrid and Barcelona, every other team is ignored.

Sky is Ex-Redtwats TV lets face it, Tyler is a kopite too, he may say he supports some 2nd tier team from birth, but his team in the Prem is Liverpool, he can't hide it when he commentates on their games.

I don't mind Souness, he seems to keep his bias well in check and is quite impartial, in fact I think he actually likes us as a club, always says we are a massive club.

Sky is Ex-Redtwats TV lets face it, Tyler is a kopite too, he may say he supports some 2nd tier team from birth, but his team in the Prem is Liverpool, he can't hide it when he commentates on their games.

I don't mind Souness, he seems to keep his bias well in check and is quite impartial, in fact I think he actually likes us as a club, always says we are a massive club.

yeah i have serious doubts that tyler doesn't support them. Rumours that he supported united seems like a very kopite thing to do to keep him as impartial. We've all seen on here how a lot of them are too embarrassed to call liverpool their team so they pretend they support someone better. But that RS City game a few years back when slippy cost them the title was disgusting. I don't mind that commentators support their own team as long as they keep it impartial, if they can't then they just shouldn't commentate on their team. Two co-commentators, one representing each team would be fine, but these TV companies make it hard for fans to enjoy watching football now. It's nothing to do with us being 'bitter blues', fans of all clubs dislike them. I live nowhere near Liverpool, but all my workmates who support united, cardiff, celtic etc. none of them can stand them.

I've totally gone off watching any game other than everton ones now, it's partly due to the farce the sport has become but it's also because i can't watch one game without there being an ex-liverpool player commentating who has to bring them up in a totally impartial game.

yeah i have serious doubts that tyler doesn't support them. Rumours that he supported united seems like a very kopite thing to do to keep him as impartial. We've all seen on here how a lot of them are too embarrassed to call liverpool their team so they pretend they support someone better. But that RS City game a few years back when slippy cost them the title was disgusting. I don't mind that commentators support their own team as long as they keep it impartial, if they can't then they just shouldn't commentate on their team. Two co-commentators, one representing each team would be fine, but these TV companies make it hard for fans to enjoy watching football now. It's nothing to do with us being 'bitter blues', fans of all clubs dislike them. I live nowhere near Liverpool, but all my workmates who support united, cardiff, celtic etc. none of them can stand them.

I've totally gone off watching any game other than everton ones now, it's partly due to the farce the sport has become but it's also because i can't watch one game without there being an ex-liverpool player commentating who has to bring them up in a totally impartial game.
There is no way Tyler supports Utd, the way he commentates on Liverpool games...constantly brings up their history during games, reeling off achievements, Tyler is the most bias of the lot of them on Sky, worse than the numerous ex-players.

There is no way Tyler supports Utd, the way he commentates on Liverpool games...constantly brings up their history during games, reeling off achievements, Tyler is the most bias of the lot of them on Sky, worse than the numerous ex-players.

yeah i know. supposed to support woking. hmm.

yeah i know. supposed to support woking. hmm.
He does support Woking, and is on their board. However, because of his age he probably remembers when they were good and is till living in a 1970s timewarp like a lot of other middle aged/old journos. He probably still goes on about things going downhill when they took the cardboard inserts out of bounty bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.