Televised fa cup 3rd round games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

local_blue

Player Valuation: £500k
Unbelievably our game against champions Leicester is NOT one of the SIX live games on BBC and BT Sport. They seem to think that the RS v Plymouth/Newport is more of a contest and the non entity of Cambridge v Leeds is higher profile than our game. The other four I can't argue with Spurs v Villa, West Ham v City, Preston v Arsenal and Man utd v Reading.

Unbelievably our game against champions Leicester is NOT one of the SIX live games on BBC and BT Sport. They seem to think that the RS v Plymouth/Newport is more of a contest and the non entity of Cambridge v Leeds is higher profile than our game. The other four I can't argue with Spurs v Villa, West Ham v City, Preston v Arsenal and Man utd v Reading.
Just go the game then mate. You're a local blue aren't you?

They do this quite regularly tbh, they think the public are in love with the idea of small teams vs big teams and the David v Goliath narrative.

They aren't though, everyone I know groans during fa cup weekend and would rather it be a premier league weekend than an FA Cup weekend. It's basically the domestic version of international qualifiers.

Terrible competition and I hate how it's marketed as well, I don't give a toss about a bunch of pub teams playing Giants or other pub tea,s, it rarely leads to anything entertaining. The odd upset once every decade doesn't make up for the absolute guff that's regularly on display.

Just go the game then mate. You're a local blue aren't you?
I will be going, but my gripe is why Everton are so low profile these days with the media.I mean the RS will put the youths out v Plymouth/Newport and who gives a damn about Cambridge/Leeds ?

I will be going, but my gripe is why Everton are so low profile these days with the media.I mean the RS will put the youths out v Plymouth/Newport and who gives a damn about Cambridge/Leeds ?
I wouldn't worry about it mate, rather we didn't get put on tele to be shown up at home to be honest with you

Status
Not open for further replies.