Team Vitor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been doing a bit more digging on Vitor. Very hard to find anything meaningful, and we have no idea how what he has achieved would actually translate to being a PL manager.

But here's a few things I've learned specifically about his China stint:
  • He's the 2nd most successful coach in CSL history in terms of points per game (min 50 games managed) - where he averages 2.23ppg. First is Lippi. Other notable managers on the list include Scolari, Villas Boas, Antic
  • Before you say, "it's China - me ma could manager there" - he has a 60% win percentage. So far - albeit a smaller sample size - Rafael Benitez as a 41% record.
  • His club has won 3 CSLs in total (since 2005) - but his in 2018 was the first since 2012
  • He took over from AVB - who averaged 1.93 ppg - so has demonstrably improved them
  • In the title season he achieved the most goals scored (77) and best goal difference (44) in the club's CSL history
Now - there's all sorts of caveats here and it's a whole load of "for what it's worth..."
I'm not saying he's the right guy or the best guy - or even that I want him. But we can at least glean that he's not gone to China and flopped. Rather, he's actually done really, really well there, especially when you compare him with others.

I can’t believe people take the Chinese League accomplishments seriously. It’s a fantasy joke league made up for a couple of big names players and pub league level standard Chinese players.

I just want a manager who you can see why we appointed them.

Martinez won the FA Cup

Koeman finished in the top 6 with Southampton

Alladyce keeps teams up

All 3 had reasons why they were appointed - Silva had nothing which is why he was the most baffling appointment.

This Pereira fella is exactly just that.

6 years a go this would have been a yes from me. But now... Hmm

Just seems like his agent trying to get cash out if the Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.