Team formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

varnish

Player Valuation: £8m
Call me a traditionalist but I quite like the old 4-4-2. Under Bobby we persevered with the 4-2-3-1 which eventually got found out.

However, is it time we tried a 4-3-3 with a front line of Lookman-Niasse-DCL? If nothing it would put some pace up there. Back it up with Mirallas-Gueye-Lennon/Vlasic and we could spring some surprises?

Call me a traditionalist but I quite like the old 4-4-2. Under Bobby we persevered with the 4-2-3-1 which eventually got found out.

However, is it time we tried a 4-3-3 with a front line of Lookman-Niasse-DCL? If nothing it would put some pace up there. Back it up with Mirallas-Gueye-Lennon/Vlasic and we could spring some surprises?

The boy Dyche plays 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2.

Pick your players you want to build a team around and play to that, Koeman and to a degree Unsy have just tried to force room for certain players. We have so many players, we just need a bit of stability. 433, 4231, 442, 4411, 352 - whatever just play players in their correct position. Never forget, we started DCL at RWB, still begs beyond belief.

Kenny Keane ??? Baines
Davies Gueye Beni Lookman
Sigurdsson(Klaassen)
Niasse

Kenny Keane ??? Baines
Lennon Beni(Gueye/Schneiderlin) Klaassen Lookman
Niasse Sandro(DCL)

Keane ??? Holgate
Lennon Schneiderlin Klaassen ???
Vlasic (Sigurdsson)
Niasse Sandro (DCL)

And I do think 3 at the back is worth trying against certain teams, as long as Lennon plays as the RWB and Holgate plays in a back 3. Although it seems to make Keane worse. I could never get over the times we had 3 at the back and started Holgate at right back, despite his success in a back 3 (i.e City last season). Never included Davies in any of it, but he really can play anywhere in midfield...

Just stop the favourtism.

And whatever formation the new manager persists with, it MUST NOT INCLUDE ROONEY. Sigurdsson, Vlasic and Klaassen are all better fits. Don't forget we get Coleman and Bolasie back soon (I hope?), so 4 at the back with Coleman and Bolasie linking up on the right with one of Sig and Klaassen tip/tapping around with them would be perfect.

Pick your players you want to build a team around and play to that, Koeman and to a degree Unsy have just tried to force room for certain players. We have so many players, we just need a bit of stability. 433, 4231, 442, 4411, 352 - whatever just play players in their correct position. Never forget, we started DCL at RWB, still begs beyond belief.

Kenny Keane ??? Baines
Davies Gueye Beni Lookman
Sigurdsson(Klaassen)
Niasse

Kenny Keane ??? Baines
Lennon Beni(Gueye/Schneiderlin) Klaassen Lookman
Niasse Sandro(DCL)

Keane ??? Holgate
Lennon Schneiderlin Klaassen ???
Vlasic (Sigurdsson)
Niasse Sandro (DCL)

And I do think 3 at the back is worth trying against certain teams, as long as Lennon plays as the RWB and Holgate plays in a back 3. Although it seems to make Keane worse. I could never get over the times we had 3 at the back and started Holgate at right back, despite his success in a back 3 (i.e City last season).

Just stop the favourtism.

And whatever formation the new manager persists with, it MUST NOT INCLUDE ROONEY. Sigurdsson, Vlasic and Klaassen are all better fits.

You forgot " must not include WILLIAMS " too

You forgot " must not include WILLIAMS " too
Would have loved to lol, but after the dross Jags dished up last night. It is hard to segregate between the two.

For the record, I have no problem with Rooney being in the squad every week. He should play, and even start at times. But he cannot be in the same team as Klaassen and Siggy, as he just eliminates their output completely. Both offer more than Rooney can.

God forbid, we are ever 1-0 up at the 60 minute mark. I wouldn't mind a spent Sigurdsson making way for Rooney. That is when we need him, and when he would have a use.

The biggest hole we have is a CB to partner Keane and a manager who plays players in position.

We have a good list for crying out loud. How we have only won three league games from 11 is extremely confusing.

Would have loved to lol, but after the dross Jags dished up last night. It is hard to segregate between the two.

For the record, I have no problem with Rooney being in the squad every week. He should play, and even start at times. But he cannot be in the same team as Klaassen and Siggy, as he just eliminates their output completely. Both offer more than Rooney can.

God forbid, we are ever 1-0 up at the 60 minute mark. I wouldn't mind a spent Sigurdsson making way for Rooney. That is when we need him, and when he would have a use.

The biggest hole we have is a CB to partner Keane and a manager who plays players in position.

We have a good list for crying out loud. How we have only won three league games from 11 is extremely confusing.

Fear not, I suspect we have seen the last of the Dutch Cleverley for quite a while

Pickford

Kenny Williams Keane Baines

Gueye

Davies Sigurdsson

Vlasic DCL Lookman​
I'd sit DCL, though. Not sure if it's Niasse or even Rooney, but I'd think that's the team. I might play 2 DMs with Gueye/Beni and keep Siggy up farther, depending on the opposition.

Now obviously, you find a good CF and CB, that's a much better team. Because Williams has been awful and Jags tonight was terrible.

4 wingers and 1 central midfielder? It’s a bold move, I’ll give you that

Status
Not open for further replies.