Talking the blues podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenToffee79

Player Valuation: £8m
Absolutely wonderful podcast with Paul,Andy and George, good therapy for that reprehensible performance last night ,excellent points on why people at the top aren’t demanding explanations for performances like this the way Abramovic and Guardiola demand the best from there players ,I bet there hasn’t been one inquest into that unmitigated disaster last night or why it happens so so regularly at home to such inferior sides

Absolutely wonderful podcast with Paul,Andy and George, good therapy for that reprehensible performance last night ,excellent points on why people at the top aren’t demanding explanations for performances like this the way Abramovic and Guardiola demand the best from there players ,I bet there hasn’t been one inquest into that unmitigated disaster last night or why it happens so so regularly at home to such inferior sides
That's punishment, I'm only able to come on here and i think that's in search of an argument.

Absolutely raging all day thinking about it

In Carlo's book, he mentions Abramovich summonsing him for a dressing down after a 6-0 win!

I wouldn't hold up a trip to the gulag as standard setting.

There are defeats and there are ways to lose ,that shook me to my very core
I don't know why it should. Some of us have been saying all season we are a rollercoaster who will probably finish about 9th. It's not like we haven't form for this as the Newcastle and West Ham games prove.

Put simply, we are not as good as many of our fans seem to think we are after we sneak a win at Wolves or Sheffield United. The very fact that many celebrated those wins as something bigger than they were tells you where we really feel we are. Top sides routinely beat those sides without their fans feeling the need to throw a party.

We've got about six or seven players who we might build around. When some of these are injured or out of form, we need the detritus to step up. Occasionally a Gylfi or Gomes will do that, or we'll get a last hurrah from Coleman. But you can't rely on these guys. We are, by definition, a mid-table side who will bloody the noses of better sides now and then and have our own noses bloodied by supposedly inferior sides from time to time. Add in a tendency for Carlo to underestimate some sides and you've got a perfect storm of mediocrity.

The next few windows will require ambitious and significant change if we are to continue our slow improvement from 12th into the top six.

Status
Not open for further replies.