Sylvain Distin vs you Beauts

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's looked a lot better since his nightmare against the mancs. Credit where credit is due he's been very good. Not to mention, with Fellaini out we need Heits in midfield anyway so it's kind of a moot point who is best at CB but Distin has looked rock solid of late.

His passing at times is fantastic. He looks up, sees quite a few at least reasonable options for passes and then beautifully carves the ball from left to right straight to the opposition.

Torres knew he'd get no change (out of Jag's pocket) so he tried to do the Monster. Monster was having none of it.. - as the comment on BBC earlier said "Distin matches Torres stride for stride - how depressing" (for them)

Always good to join in with a bumped thread. But fair play to Distin. He has had a lot of abuse but worked hard, and is looking pretty assured now. Well in big D

i was one of his biggest critics before but i think he's earned the starting spot at cb ahead of heitinga. didn't even look that bad with the ball at his feet either, i was pissing myself when he broke on that one play all the way down the field and nearly played the yak to put in a third.

i would like to see less of him up front outside of set pieces though. those shots by jagielka and distin were shocking, lets leave the shooting to those who can

i was one of his biggest critics before but i think he's earned the starting spot at cb ahead of heitinga. didn't even look that bad with the ball at his feet either, i was pissing myself when he broke on that one play all the way down the field and nearly played the yak to put in a third. there was a city fan sitting next to me at the pub and he was more than a little nostalgic about the big guy.

i would like to see less of him up front outside of set pieces though. those shots by jagielka and distin were shocking, lets leave the shooting to those who can

Did you see his swivel to make space, and shot in the box?

I think the Yak's been teaching him a few tricks. No man that big and clumsy should be able to pirouette with such grace -- MoFro aside.

Distain was a yard off Torres when lady boy knocked it past him. Distain turned on the warp drive and left him for dead. I couldn't believe it.

Torres is past it.

Get that Ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.