Sydney Super Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTrueLegend

Player Valuation: £35m
Given the November / December World Cup this year, some European teams are cashing in by attending tournaments in America and Australia ( with players not called up). Celtic are going to Australia to compete against Sydney FC and Western Sydney Warriors. Rangers were due to go, but have pulled out after it was reported that Rangers would be receiving much less than Celtic!

Now it is being reported that Everton may be in attendance instead of Rangers. Time to dust off your Everton/Celtic 50/50 hats and book a flight down under.

What Everton could make from this isnt made clear, but it was mentioned that Rangers could have stood to make £25m. More than they make in a single SPL season….

Given the November / December World Cup this year, some European teams are cashing in by attending tournaments in America and Australia ( with players not called up). Celtic are going to Australia to compete against Sydney FC and Western Sydney Warriors. Rangers were due to go, but have pulled out after it was reported that Rangers would be receiving much less than Celtic!

Now it is being reported that Everton may be in attendance instead of Rangers. Time to dust off your Everton/Celtic 50/50 hats and book a flight down under.

What Everton could make from this isnt made clear, but it was mentioned that Rangers could have stood to make £25m. More than they make in a single SPL season….

They clearly missed a . off that.

Not a chance in hell anybody is paying Rangers 25m.

It says in the article that they would make "as much than they would from their share of the Premiership's £25million per-season TV deal". Don't know how the TV money is split in Scotland but it won't be more than a few million I guess
Then that makes much more sense.

I cant find a proper figure, only

The domestic money increased by 65% to £7.7m due to Europa League, so take away the 65% Europa increase and its about 3m????????

I dont math.

If we invited one of the old firm down for a friendly at Goodison then I think I’d go

Not sure I’d be arsed staying up to watch them play in Sydney on telly though
I remember going to Dave Watsons testimonial against Rangers.They filled the whole of Bullens and the atmosphere was brilliant

Then that makes much more sense.

I cant find a proper figure, only

The domestic money increased by 65% to £7.7m due to Europa League, so take away the 65% Europa increase and its about 3m????????

I dont math.

That probably makes more sense, so potentially £3m to £4m, decent for 2 friendlies, I guess we have to try and make money any why we can and keep the players not in the World Cup fit. From our current squad we will be missing a major player, Pickford, not sure we actually have any other current internationals going to the world cup. Maybe if DCL scores a few at the start of the season, he could get back into contention.

Either way I think the club would need to arrange a couple of friendlies in December regardless. I'd have no issue with this personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.