Swindon Town v Everton. 11th July @ 15:00 BST.

Does it matter if we win this game?

• Yes, and we must win by at least 3 goals.

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • No, it's just run out for the lads.

Votes: 63 26.0%
  • Wait, you're not Chico...

Votes: 46 19.0%
  • Tom Cleverly on Toast.

Votes: 42 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with all your scores but this was the most pertinent. Ever since he's come back from the World Cup this has crept into his game. I want to see a bit of the old Ross unchained soon. The deeper role does suit him and I hope he learns how to make those runs from deep like Lampard.

He's got all the ability in the world, and even yesterday I could still sense that a moment of magic could happen at any point from him (it didn't but anyway). Playing deep will help his game I think - it'll give him more space to come from deep and control the game which we know he can do. Last season was a mess for him for plenty of reasons e.g. injury, playing on the wing etc.. but if Bobby plays him right he'll be a huge player for us this season.

btw - The result obviously did matter. Perhaps it shouldn't but now there's a genuine feeling of optimism rather than fume and we want to go into the start of the season like that.

Completely agree because the last pre-season we did so poorly and it reflected in how we started the season. The one thing I took from yesterday is that despite it being pre-season, Mirallas as well as others weren't really acting like it was pre-season.

Completely agree because the last pre-season we did so poorly and it reflected in how we started the season. The one thing I took from yesterday
is that despite it being pre-season, Mirallas as well as others weren't really acting like it was pre-season.
They certainly looked a lot more fitter although I'm still worried where our goals are coming from without the Belgians. Remember neither of them played last pre-season and we where 0-0 until they came on. It would be good for Deulofeu to get a few goals this pre-season to get his confidence up.

Totally agree with all your scores but this was the most pertinent. Ever since he's come back from the World Cup this has crept into his game. I want to see a bit of the old Ross unchained soon. The deeper role does suit him and I hope he learns how to make those runs from deep like Lampard.
Thought the odd occasion he did get forward he looked like he ran out of ideas, few times he was in or around the box he chose the wrong option and looked lost. He looked neat and tidy deeper though, kept his shape well.

Cleverly looked better than him in that role though in the second half, i was actually quite impressed with him

Thought the odd occasion he did get forward he looked like he ran out of ideas, few times he was in or around the box he chose the wrong option and looked lost. He looked neat and tidy deeper though, kept his shape well.

Cleverly looked better than him in that role though in the second half, i was actually quite impressed with him
I said at the start of the game that I would be happy with Barkley playing deeper and Cleverly ahead. I think Cleverly will be a decent player for us in that position. I always saw him as a younger Osman which is no bad thing.

I want Cleverly to play further forward in Barkley's old position just like Osman would often do.

Barkley also had Naismith and Kone in front of him and McCarthy all over the shop at times. Sometimes it also comes down to the other players. I'm looking forward to seeing him play with Cleverly, Rom and Mirallas ahead.

I want Cleverly to play further forward in Barkley's old position just like Osman would often do.

Barkley also had Naismith and Kone in front of him and McCarthy all over the shop at times. Sometimes it also comes down to the other players. I'm looking forward to seeing him play with Cleverly, Rom and Mirallas ahead.
Dont want cleverly that far forward. Bring in the new playmaker for that role

Status
Not open for further replies.