SV Werder Bremen v Everton(Saturday 3 August 14:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd put together a mini guide for Bremen, I've been twice before and it's a cracking city. If you're flying into Bremen it takes about 10 minutes to get into the centre, it's boss.

For the night before/after the match, the Schlachte (the riverside) is a good bet. Loads of beer gardens and it's mostly busy with hen dos and the like, plus you get a scenic view of the Beck's factory (tour's alright, but expect to watch a stupid 10-15 minute video on AB Inbev). Head to the Bremen Am Brill tram stop and walk south from there. If you head down and turn left past the church you'll be around Bottcherstrasse, there's a big Bierhaus there called Schuttinger, they do boss food and brew their own beer. Just near there is a tiny pub called Spitzen Gebel, full of 80s German music and moody locals, it's ace.

I've heard that Blues are meeting around the main train station on the Saturday, if that's the case there's an Irish bar nearby called Paddy's Pit but if you can't get in there's a small bar in the train station and one called Hugo's Watch across the road to the right if you're looking from the station. If you want crates, there's a Rewe supermarket opposite Paddy's, and an Edeka supermarket if you head left from the station. Also, there's an Aldi if you walk through the station to the other side. I think there's a couple of Kiosks around there too that you can get cans from, and if all else fails there's a Spar in the train station that's open late and on Sunday as well.

Oh, and if you have a choice, get Haake Beck over Beck's - it's locally brewed in the factory over the Weser, and it tastes better in my opinion. Never been able to find it anywhere else, it's great.
How far would it be from the central station to the Riverside? I want to be where the action is.

Stay safe lids - times change but last time we had a friendly at Bremen there was a difference of opinion a few hours after the match - about 30 Bremen ultras turned up at the Irish pub by the railway station according to the gossip at the airport the next day.

I think he will pick the starting 11 for Palace
Picko
Seamuso
Keano
Minao
Digney
Gomesy
Delphy
Theoo
Siggy
DCLO
Bernardy

SKY SPORTS NEWS BREAKING NEWS: The Brick have made an agreement with a bar near the main station for tomorrow. From 9am the Euro Bar (Rembertiring 19) is serving bottles and doubles for €2.50.

Dam is rocking more than the state of our coach this morning. Me and the missus haven’t seen a soul since we got off at 10am
That was a bloody long journey via Dover. I don’t recommend it

Stay safe lids - times change but last time we had a friendly at Bremen there was a difference of opinion a few hours after the match - about 30 Bremen ultras turned up at the Irish pub by the railway station according to the gossip at the airport the next day.
There were no casualties in Dresden few years ago so I very highly doubt there will be some in Bremen. Their fans are not exactly known as a hardcore hooligans.

Sadly couldnt make it this tone, so have a good fun Blues ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.