Summer transfer window 2023

I remember people saying the same about Paul Power in 1986/87. All he needed upon arrival was to be told which peg was his in the changing room. Slotted in beautifully with no fuss.
It's a lovely memory but he wasn't brought in to rescue an ailing team with weaknesses in almost all positions. He was a useful addition to an Everton that was thriving. We had a plan in place. (Also, by the time he was 38 he had retired)

I haven't said I wanted any of them. I just gave you the list you asked for.
I didn't ask you for it though, so the natural assumption is that when you provided it you agreed with the poster arguing there was a wealth of alternative free FB signings.

Young is fine.

It's not what anyone wants to hear but it's where we are as a club now.

He's done well last season and can cover both fullback positions plus possibly either winger positions.

As for Rodrigo, he's got one of the best Xg's for a forward over the last 3 seasons in the Premier League, he'll be decent for a season or 2.

It's not ideal by any means but for a club that has absolutely no money to spend with massive holes in the squad, it's a decent start to incoming transfers.
I get it but wouldnt be happy if he was coming in at left back. And would still want us to go out and get more out wide, is just depends on money he wants. Have cut down costs and he was on 50 at villa i would want him on less than that

This is a section of the translated L'Equipe article:

'They could be looking for a forward to provide them with cover in case Rasmus Højlund leaves.

It’s claimed the Mali international is getting closer to the Serie A side, who are currently a step ahead of other clubs, ‘especially Everton’. The report adds Gian Piero Gasperini’s side are ready to offer as much as €20m to acquire the player’s signature.

Despite this, the Merseyside club aren’t giving up their pursuit of Touré. L’Equipe explain that Everton ‘still hope to convince’ the attacker to move to Goodison Park in this window.'

A real test of Chairman Bill's negotiating skills and the pull of Sean Dyche by the sounds of it. Let's hope they can do it.
”especially everton “ haha even the french newspapers buzz off us

I get it but wouldnt be happy if he was coming in at left back. And would still want us to go out and get more out wide, is just depends on money he wants. Have cut down costs and he was on 50 at villa i would want him on less than that
This fella actually discussing the merits of signing Ashley Young.

This club is just horrid.

Please, liquidation NOW.

When this turns out to be a baseless rumour and I realise that I have spent two days thinking about Ashley Young, of all people, then I'm going to be fuming. Relieved, yes, but fuming

The legitimate itk poster, Tofeenut released a cryptic message with the words "young and beautiful" then people literally interpreted the young part as we're signing Ashley young because of our flawed transfer history, I don't think there's anything in it unless some new collaborating evidence emerged recently unbeknownst to me, but it's created hours of exhausting speculative discourse already due the lack of concrete transfer news....
Ok, Ashley is Young but is Rodrigo beautiful?