Summer transfer window 2023

If Balogun chooses to play for USA.

We'd make an absolute fortune in marketing leading up to the 2026 world cup.

Jonathan David also for Canada.
Not sure we would.
I like to use Formula 1 as an example when looking at Amerucan support of teams. In the early 2000’s there was an Aerican who drove for one of the smaller teams in F1 so you would assume at the American Grand Prix in Texas all the Americans would walk around in the merchandise of that team and American driver. However, it was quite the opposite and all the US fans were walking around with Michael Schumacher and Ferrari hats.

im sure we may get some extra revenue from the WC if we were to sign Balogun or David (assuming we held onto them for that long) but there wouldnt be very many US fans who would instead be getting on the hype trains of the best players ie Mbappe and Bellingham and realistically Balogun isnt the next Drogba otherwise Arsenal wouldnt be putting him up for sale (I dont doubt hes great and certainly an improvement on what weve got but he’s obviously not gonna be challenging Mbappe in the future for balon dors etc)

I read today that Newcastle are looking to offload Saint-Maximin in the summer.

That'll be one of ours if we do manage to stay up.

...and thats fine.

But how much surgery can be done in one window ?

Selling players is one thing but the priority has to be CF, RW and ACM.

People want both Mykolenko + Godfrey + Keane + Holgate + Mina + Coleman + Nkounkou + Coady all moved on.

We'd be left with Branthwaite, Patterson and Tarkowski.
Priority has be a lb aswell

Not sure we would.
I like to use Formula 1 as an example when looking at Amerucan support of teams. In the early 2000’s there was an Aerican who drove for one of the smaller teams in F1 so you would assume at the American Grand Prix in Texas all the Americans would walk around in the merchandise of that team and American driver. However, it was quite the opposite and all the US fans were walking around with Michael Schumacher and Ferrari hats.

im sure we may get some extra revenue from the WC if we were to sign Balogun or David (assuming we held onto them for that long) but there wouldnt be very many US fans who would instead be getting on the hype trains of the best players ie Mbappe and Bellingham and realistically Balogun isnt the next Drogba otherwise Arsenal wouldnt be putting him up for sale (I dont doubt hes great and certainly an improvement on what weve got but he’s obviously not gonna be challenging Mbappe in the future for balon dors etc)
Clubs don't make any real money from shirt sales, the sponsor makes the vast majority of it (circa 90% of profit). Clubs make their money from shirt sales indirectly through sponsorship. If the club has a high profile player like Messi or Ronaldo etc the sponsors will pay silly money. When the elite players sign for a club the shirt sponsors are normally involved in the deal as they cough up tens of millions towards the transfer fee and or wages as they will claw a lot back through shirt sales.

Not sure we would.

Clubs don't make any real money from shirt sales, the sponsor makes the vast majority of it (circa 90% of profit). Clubs make their money from shirt sales indirectly through sponsorship. If the club has a high profile player like Messi or Ronaldo etc the sponsors will pay silly money. When the elite players sign for a club the shirt sponsors are normally involved in the deal as they cough up tens of millions towards the transfer fee and or wages as they will claw a lot back through shirt sales.

@Villa_Fan is correct.

The idea behind signing those such as David and Balogun would purely be for:

Advertising / marketing
Increased global presence
Etc

Bit critically US sponsors.

If we stay up then Pickford stays, if we go down he goes. If the squad doesnt get dramatic transformation we are down next season as more than likely we will get a points deduction because of FFP, no matter what the Club says I dont believe we will not get some sort of punishment for FFP rule breeches.

If we have Pickford next season I would like us to get Aynsley Pears from Blackburn, a young English keeper that would learn a lot from Pickford whilst he is still with us.

I think also it is about time they started using the youth system to better effect, if you look at the two Premier League Clubs on Merseyside I can't believe that between the two of them they can't find some decent players locally never mind across the world.

It is also interesting to note what Brighton have done and are doing, it is simple but very effective plus keeps them well within FFP as they spend peanuts and turn it into gold. That is simply done using the statistics of the players, some of them they have signed without having watched live and just from watching replays of games. I used to work for Brighton and still have mates there and they spend all day watching and researching players from all over the globe. They have shortlists of three players for every position on the field and as soon as it looks like a player is about to leave they go to their database. Brighton were playing on a park not all that long ago and now they are a million miles ahead of us, we are just incompetent in every part of the business. Sack the board

If we stay up then Pickford stays, if we go down he goes. If the squad doesnt get dramatic transformation we are down next season as more than likely we will get a points deduction because of FFP, no matter what the Club says I dont believe we will not get some sort of punishment for FFP rule breeches.

If we have Pickford next season I would like us to get Aynsley Pears from Blackburn, a young English keeper that would learn a lot from Pickford whilst he is still with us.

I think also it is about time they started using the youth system to better effect, if you look at the two Premier League Clubs on Merseyside I can't believe that between the two of them they can't find some decent players locally never mind across the world.

It is also interesting to note what Brighton have done and are doing, it is simple but very effective plus keeps them well within FFP as they spend peanuts and turn it into gold. That is simply done using the statistics of the players, some of them they have signed without having watched live and just from watching replays of games. I used to work for Brighton and still have mates there and they spend all day watching and researching players from all over the globe. They have shortlists of three players for every position on the field and as soon as it looks like a player is about to leave they go to their database. Brighton were playing on a park not all that long ago and now they are a million miles ahead of us, we are just incompetent in every part of the business. Sack the board

We already have a really good young keeper in Tyrer.