Summer transfer window 2023

No one wants us to overpay. Why do some always come out with comments like this when fans just want us to be a better team and be more competitive? What we all want is a strategy and a vision.

They have had all summer to get it right and only landed a striker this week. They ostracised Demarai Gray and will now have to reintegrate a player who hasn't trained with the team. They waited until deadline day to flog Iwobi, loan out Maupay and sell Tom Cannon for £7m after spending twice as much on a kid from Sporting.

They have let Coady and Mina leave - both full internationals for their respective countries and we started the season with Michael Keane. Now he's first choice back up when, in April, he was fourth choice. No additional centre back was brought in and they let Coady go when his fee was low.

We have an untested goalkeeper as cover for Pickford. We have serious gaps at fullback. We have zero creativity in the team. And let's not forget where we have finished the last two seasons.

We have team like Brighton bringing players in for small fees and turning them into superstars. The same team can attract a highly rated wonder kid from one of Europe's elite. All whilst we're scraping round looking for crumbs or chasing lost causes like Gnoto.

If we're so skint, why haven't we fully utilised the loan market to provide adequate support for a failing team. Why was there no succession planning executed for Iwobi when he's been dragging out the contract scenario for months.

So, you see, this isn't about overpaying. It's about getting answers.
Zero creativity is not right given Beto and Danjuma. Just hope they keep their mojo.

You're a great contributor, but this is an absurd remark.

if we get relegated it's the fans and the city that will suffer the most acutely... not Moshiri or Kenwright.

If we get relegated with our debts we don't have a club, frankly.
Absolutely fed up tonight my friend - I honestly don't understand the reasoning behind our activities today

Spent all summer pursuing attaching options and on deadline day sold 3 attackers without bringing anyone in

Somebody from the club needs to come out tomorrow and explain what has happened today

We have a Striker mate.

I think we do need to be lucky with injuries.
It all comes down to whether Beto over maupay is a bigger upgrade than Mina and coady to branthwaite Iis a downgrade. It’s a toss of a coin. We were crap and we’ve had a whole summer in which we changed the area we were most crap in. At best we’ll have a similar season to last year, at worst we’ll do a derby.

The answer is simple …… Money. There is no money. It took so long for us to get a striker because we’re buying on the drip. Then there was the whole uncertainty of the investment and the money for the stadium. The club is losing money. Moshiri has been paying for the stadium himself and probably can’t commit money whilst he’s doing so.

Why not execute more loans? Why wait until deadline day to generate £30m and reinvest £0? This isn't how other football clubs operate irrespective of their P&L

Absolutely fed up tonight my friend - I honestly don't understand the reasoning behind our activities today

Spent all summer pursuing attaching options and on deadline day sold 3 attackers without bringing anyone in

Somebody from the club needs to come out tomorrow and explain what has happened today
Last season

McNeil. Maupay. Gray/Iwobi

This season.

McNeil/Danjuma. DCL/Beto. Gray/Harrison

We have improved