Summer transfer window 2023

Good afternoon and welcome to the 30th of August transfer round up - we’re nearly there!!

Brighton midfielder Steven Alzate looks sure to depart following the £25m arrival of Carlos Baleba from Lille yesterday. Premier League clubs Everton and Wolves are both said to be keen, according to BBC reporter Simon Stone. While there is also interest from across Europe with Seville and Fiorentina both considering moves.

Everton have reportedly been the most proactive and made an approach to Brighton as Sean Dyche looks to add to his central areas. Alzate’s ability to play in a variety of positions is thought to appeal to the Goodison boss.

Journalist Alex Crook has now said that Everton midfielder Alex Iwobi could genuinely leave Goodison Park before this week’s transfer deadline.

Speaking on the talkSPORT YouTube channel, Crook said: “This has got legs. Iwobi only has a year on his contract, Everton are trying to give Sean Dyche the resources to rebuild the squad. If they can sell Iwobi, I think they are open to doing that.

There are rumours of another Premier League club also interested in Iwobi but I think at the moment Fulham would be the front runners.”

Everton target and Southampton forward Kamaldeen Sulemana is "likely" to join on loan before Friday's transfer deadline, and a reliable journalist has also delivered an update on the club's pursuit of his teammate Che Adams.

Speaking to GiveMeSport, Paul Brown revealed that Everton are set to sign Sulemana, but only for the remainder of the season as a result of their limited budget making it difficult to increase their previous permanent bid. He said:

"I think Sulemana is likely to be a loan. So, on that basis, I wouldn't say what's happened with Che Adams is likely to hold that up or be a problem. They were able to negotiate fairly smoothly over Mason Holgate's loan in the other direction. So, I don't think the Adams situation should make a difference here really.

“If they were able to get Sulemana on loan I think that's not a bad option really. Funds are so limited that being able to get someone who should be a ready-made Premier League option, for very little immediate outlay, is probably the kind of deal that Everton are looking for."

Tottenham defender Japhet Tanganga has an offer on the table from Everton as he looks to leave his current club before the end of the transfer window. That’s according to Calciomercato.it. who say Everton will need to work hard to convince him as he would prefer a move to Italy.

The website explains that Tanganga, who had been targeted by Inter Milan, is now a target for Torino and they are ‘aiming straight’ at him.

Preston North End’s hopes of landing Tom Cannon on loan from Everton have plummeted in recent days - and he may now head elsewhere in the Championship. For the second season in a row, Middlesbrough are being linked with a previous PNE loan star. It is being reported that Boro are eyeing a last gasp swoop for the Toffees man, who is understood to have a valuation of £5-7million. Fellow Championship side Sunderland are also said to be interested.

Everton want to sign West Ham attacker Maxwel Cornet this summer and he has been added to their late list of targets, according to the Daily Mail. The English newspaper reported in its print edition on Wednesday (30 August, Page 64) the Toffees want another wide attacker and are eyeing the 26-year-old.​

They've always been fans of his (plus he played well against them at the back-end of the season) and the Salah rumours are gathering pace.

Just reckon it would be a really quick deal for them to do if they need to replace at short notice.
If Salah is going it wouldn’t surprise me if they usurp Spurs for Brennan Johnson, they could easily meet Forest’s asking price. Sulemana probably beneath them tbh, Bakayoko a possibility.