Summer transfer window 2023

But... if we were happy with our attacking options, we wouldn't be in the market for a striker would we? Surely players and agents would sense that.

Toure went to Atalanta because they're miles ahead of Everton at the moment. And a lot of the other strikers we're looking at belong to clubs who would like to see us put up more money than we can.

Not sure DCL is that big a factor in all of this tbh.

I think it definitely comes into play, I don’t see how it couldn’t.

These are deals being done for 10s of millions of ponds for clubs and players, every single nuance will be analysed within a life of itself in terms of a players career trajectory and opportunity. They are the cash cow.

Think it’s mad to think otherwise to be honest.

Don’t think so myself mate, take the lad moving to Utd, he’s taken gradual incremental steps in a career trajectory and gone right in at elite level.

Take Toure he had a choice to be potentially a Beta to DCL, possibly get relegated or move to Serie A go in as an Alpha, work in Europe and in two years time your 23.

In my opinion our problem is what improves presently hasn’t matched our profile, DCL situation or budget. I don’t think our is identifying players we’ve clearly been in for good lads under Thelwell watch.

Ultimately the question in compotemcy or context, it comes down to context in my opinion.

Think a little bit of centre awareness is required to be honest.
Since his hot streak under Carlo when he was on about 15 goals after 10 games or something stupid like that dom has only scored about 10 more goals in two and a two thirds seasons why would anybody think they were going to be second choice to him it makes no sense.

Basically we're nowhere near bringing anyone in. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't buy someone for proper money, loans and free's at best, I think we are skint. If we get a transfer ban we really are up a stream without a paddle.
A 1 window ban in January would make no difference to us. We never do much in the winter window and have no money anyway.

The issue KT has at the moment is if certain players leave the club, there is more money to play with… does he panic now and use a limited budget? Or wait for the likes of Gray, Gomes, Holgate, Maupay, Cannon to leave and buy a better player

Its actually one of the hardest things to do in football is get a good forward when one is already at the club, ive mentioned it before in terms of Alpha and Beta forwards - usually bar the CL clubs there is usually one alpaha and then a beta second striker - our issue is DCL is our Alpha - but doesn't play. Then the he budget, and our current profile.

Take Toure - Atalanta are selling their Alpha, so he knows going in, hes starting. With us there is ? whether DCL is fit. That situation doesn't help us.

Im not sure the club will een sign a 9, i think they will go with a wide forward who can play at 9 like Richarlision.

So for me we have the DCL road block situation, deals need to be structured and aren't that attractive issues.

We do need to hold our nerve for the right player, we will do business' in my opinion - im expecting three as i said and i think we will do that - if not ill join you.
He never plays, he hardly scores, he’s not a factor

The issue KT has at the moment is if certain players leave the club, there is more money to play with… does he panic now and use a limited budget? Or wait for the likes of Gray, Gomes, Holgate, Maupay, Cannon to leave and buy a better player
panic now? This has to be a PR plant. There was allegedly enough money to buy Toure last week so less of the excuses please.
They should be panicking every single day we don’t have a striker, and embarrassed every day once the season starts