Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Leicester have Evans and Morgan as experienced players, soyuncu is a fairly experienced Turkish international with a couple of years in the bundesliga and 20 odd international caps behind him and benkovic a young Croatian international who we know the manager rates because he’s bought him before. I’m sure they looked at replacing msguire, but it will have been nowhere near as much of a priority as it was for us. Luiz just replaces koscielny for arsenal, they have mustafi, holding, chambers, sokratis, mavropanos And Monreal at the club already. Seven centre halves there, there’s absolutely no comparison to our situation at all.
Evans is Leicester’s only reliable CB the two young lads haven’t proven anything just yet and Wes Morgan is an absolute car crash.

Arsenal is terminal Aids at the back Holding, Mustafi, Sokartis and Luis have there strengths and weaknesses but I wouldn’t trust them to form stable partnerships.

Mina and Keane is better than any of those listed partnerships however we are relying heavily on Gibson and Holgate to step up.

Not forgetting in martinez first season John Stones stepped up brilliantly

Exploding heads and lots of wet sheets.
You know, it's funny, because looking back on it, I think everyone got a bit caught up in the Zaha thing. Shame on us all for falling for the sensationalism of the media. Brands is too wise to throw crazy money at one player when we have so many gaps to fill. If you don't fall for all the absurd stuff out there, I think looking back on it, it was a good window moving us forward.

We needed more goals more than anything, and I think we got a bit more depth and some more creativity, scoring, and passing especially. Got some concerns about the defense, but guys like Mina and Gbamin are a bit better with the ball than their predecessors and might make us a better attacking team to make up for any defensive weaknesses. Think we got a bit better without spending much and significantly dropping the payroll.

So uh, yeah, I kinda was busy the past 24 hours...what did I miss on the board?
A lot of animosity toward Palace. Pure panic between about 3:30 and 4:45 coinciding with confirmation Zaha was off and Iwobi was confirmed on. And an absolute mess of negative posts about Iwobi which is going to see a lot of posters looking silly in the coming months.

Edit: Oh and a good bit of raging about Rojo and the subsequent failure to find a CB.

A lot of animosity toward Palace. Pure panic between about 3:30 and 4:45 coinciding with confirmation Zaha was off and Iwobi was confirmed on. And an absolute mess of negative posts about Iwobi which is going to see a lot of posters looking silly in the coming months.
Yeah, he's a pretty good player. He'll help us a bit. Creative and clever.

GK: Pickford / Stekelenburg / Lossl

RB: Coleman / Sidibe

LB: Digne / Baines

CB: Keane / Holgate

CB: Mina / Gibson

DM: Gbamin / Schneiderlin

CM: Andre Gomes / Delph

AM: Sigurdsson / Davies

RW: Richarlison / Walcott

LW: Bernard / Iwobi

ST: Kean / Calvert-Lewin / Tosun

Status