Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyce reporting we only ever out one bid on the table for Zaha at 52million iver a week ago. No further bids since. Not sure how well connected he is at the club under moshiri but he used to be the man in the know. If true sounds like we were never willing to give palace what they wanted and perhaps iwobi was second choice all along? Hmmm interesting.

I assume our plan was working nicely up until Wilf submitted his transfer request but Palace dug in and it became clear we were going to have to pay the full whack so we went to Plan B. I’m sound with that.

The window should shut for deals between English clubs

It should stay open for us to buy players from foreign leagues as they can still buy/unsettle our players untill end of August

So shutting window early is pointless

Well transfer request says maybe, but if we did bid 70 mill and they wanted 80 and we’ve panic bought iwobi for 40!

If we had come back with 80, they’d have asked for 90, and so on. Staying up is of more value to them than a short term gain. Probably looked at Swansea after gylfi joined here as a cautionary tale.

I don’t think Iwobi was a panic buy. He fits a need, he was attainable, there was a price and we paid it. I hope he’ll do well.

I assume our plan was working nicely up until Wilf submitted his transfer request but Palace dug in and it became clear we were going to have to pay the full whack so we went to Plan B. I’m sound with that.
Same. The whole zaha thing went very much against the grain of what had been coming out of the club and the signings we had already made this window. Young, potential to improve and not massively expensive transfers then we are suddenly bidding 70million on zaha. Makes more sense that it was paper BS now. Basically dont believe anything sky report.

Status
Not open for further replies.