• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to take a break, for me. Fuming.

As prosperity approaches Arsenal and Spurs with their quality signings.

A twilight spreads over Everton, and the men who have betrayed us:

Kenwright, Brands. Slip away into the night, hiding like cowards behind good stadium designs.

They leave us with no hope of being competitive for trophies or Europe.

Our only boss signings are Gomes and Kean. Weaker everywhere else.
Any chance you could make that an extended break.

It would make for a very successful window.

First of all, making it look/sound like I'm flapping is disingenuous. I'm not happy, but that is basically my default position with Everton. You know we will always do something to disappoint, it's the Everton way, and why I try not to let myself get excited by anything.

But other than Kean, which I already said in my 1st post, I genuinely don't see any reason for the positivity some have. I think people are trying to be all cool and Zen over what is a massive missed opportunity.

The squad improvements you mention boil down to Kean. Gomes we had last year, and he did OK, but hardly pulled any trees. I'm glad we signed him, but hoping for more this season. Gbamin and Delph replace Gueye, Mccarthy and possibly Schneiderlin but 1 of them is injured, and the other 1 is also our cover for Centre half.

We have sold Look an and not replaced him, regardless of how many games he played or didn't play, and we have possibly improved our RB cover by sending 1 out on loan and bringing another in on loan.

IInreally hope Kean settles and becomes the player we hope, but the worry is, without any other reinforcements, a lot of pressure will be put on his shoulders, and you know what it can be like if he doesn't hit the ground running.

The fact that we broke even is neither here nor there.
Kean should bring us a better goal scorer up top and that's a positive. The negatives are with 30 minutes to go we've not improved our creative play behind him enough to say we are better off there and we've gotten worse in our defensive midfield play. I guess we are better at RB but also not at CB. It's hard to see this squad being good for many more points than the squad last year got.

But 30 minutes left yet...

Kenwright, Brands. Slip away into the night, hiding like cowards behind good stadium designs.

Sounds very thespian like

I don't know. Like I said, I don't go in for all the crying and saying we're doomed, but nor do I see the point in pretending things are better than they are. I just come on here to chat about Everton, if they're good i'll say it, if they're bad i'll say it. I'll then log off and happily get on with my life. I think some people have a vision of anyone who's not happy with the transfer window sat at home rocking and backwards and forwards and screaming at Jim White on the telly. Most of us are just having a bit of a whinge on here because the mrs won't have a clue what we're on about when we get home. It's all good.

Well yeah there is nothing wrong with having a bit of a whinge. I understand that people get their hopes up and are then disappointed.

What I take exception to is people acting like proper children and throwing their toys out the pram branding everyone at the club disgraces. As I said, I spend enough time defending our club from RS fans I don’t like having to defend us from evertonians too.

In the grand scheme of things, we’re better placed than about 90% of football clubs in the world. Yes I get that we should have expectations to be a top top club and I’m not saying we should settle for 7th place but you have to be realistic as well and there are fans of hundreds of clubs in the world who would love to be in our position

So you're counting Kean as a winger and a forward in your calculation, he can only play in one position at a time though. If he doesn't play up front then it's DCL or Tosun so we are no better off there.

We've signed some good players this window but pretending, as it stands at least, that we are not short on the wing or at the back is disingenuous. An injury to Richarlison or Keane and we're struggling, imo.

If you think we play with genuine wingers I don’t know where to go with you. Godspeed.

Relax :whip:

Status
Not open for further replies.