Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have gone backwards this window, one injury to a CB and we’re playing Holgate (or Rojo), one injury to a winger and we’re playing Walcott. Have to pray that Gbamin and / or Delph can fill the hole left by Gueye and that’s just to remain where we were. Kean an absolutely incredible signing and completely overjoyed by having him here - but to pin our hopes on a 19 year old is crazy

Thought it was over 100?

I just checked before mate, the worrying thing is, he's only played 14 prem games in the last 2 seasons, he only played 5 times last season and 3 of those games were as a sub.

Last edited:
I think seeing Funes Mori v2 signing the contract might finish me off.

I've heard he has this thing where he always has a shot a game and often just pings them from like 50 yards.

Can't wait to moan about that then.

“Yes, he's staying, we are pleased about that. He's an important player for the club. We are looking forward to him doing this season, what he's done for the last two seasons,” Hodgson said. “He wasn't really in the right frame of mind today, so I sent him home today which is understandable.“It’s been well documented that he's wanted to leave but it has not worked out for him in that respect. He's a professional and has got a good contract with us. He's very much a player we respect and I believe he respects us.“We expect him to come back and do what he does and we're looking forward to a season with him again. Everyone here has a good relationship with him. There's not a problem with that."His beef is with the chairman and owners of the club because he's wanted to leave and they haven't received the offer that they think is sufficient to allow him to leave.“He has to come to terms with that, when you sign long term contracts you are expected to honour them and we expect him to do that.“I don't have any issues with him. Today wasn't the right day so I'm looking forward to seeing him tomorrow and hopefully he'll have come to terms with the fact he's got another season with Crystal Palace.”

It’s crazy.. once we completed Kean I feel nothing but serenity.. yeah others would be nice but expecting us to complete the job in this window is maybe a bit greedy.

I think the fact that Zaha was linked and bid on has again raised expectations... our starting 11 is undoubtedly better than last season. Issue is our backup is more limited... but even that is debatable. I’m excited that there might be a chance for some golden boys to get a run.

Edit: getting Zaha is/was very exciting about the potential.. but it’s never our last chance.. no matter how more important the coming season always is in the history of the club etc.
Have we closed the gap on a weak Chelsea/United - probably not.

For me...

The right back and GK positions are now sorted.

Thats a HUGE boost as now we have really solid looking replacements to push Pickford and Coleman who will be looking over their shoulders.

The CM position has seen the loss of Gana but Gomes, Delph and the exciting Gbamin coming in. Gomes should perform more consistently, Delph is solid and Gbamin seems a high potential prospect.

Kean could be world class.

If this season we hit 7th but Gbamin and Kean have the same impact as say Richarlison then we look pretty tasty.

Ive never seen it as a clever move to spend big short term for top 6.

Id be happy growing steadily.

Hopefully Reinier signs...

I don't rate him that highly and think he's overpriced.

But the problem is that he has been a selected target for Everton. So I want to see the plan followed through.

Also, targeting the likes of him and Doucoure sends the message that Everton want to compete at the top level, and we'll go out and buy stars from other clubs to do so. To not do it and then sign Rojo sends a different message - "back in your box Everton, sign the top clubs' rejects like you should."
That's a fair post.

I think Zaha signing would of been absolutely fantastic. A signing that would take our first 11 to a B+ if you like. A front three of Zaha, Kean and Richarlison would scare most teams.

Still the players we did bring in, Rojo aside, were very good additions to our squad and does send a message that we are ambitious and looking to take that next step. I think players around Europe have been alerted to that and so that can only be a good thing. Lets put it this way: I'd much rather be in our position as a club and as a supporter as we find ourselves now, than where we were 3/4 years ago. We all dreaded a day like today in fear of our stars leaving. These days we are looking to bring them in. It's definitely been noticed around Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.