Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No news at finch farm according to the sky reporter. Says it is quiet and not hearing anything ha ha. Probably being kept in house and our staff told to shut it.

Your point is we should be signing the cream of europe (I assume this includes Zaha).

The cream of Europe cost a lot of money. Zaha will be over 175k per week.

How long do you think it’ll be before Gomes, Digne Keane want the same money.

FYI at the point where you try to denigrate people, it’s the point that you appear to not have a valid argument.

FFS that was his point not mine! Jesus Christ lad, lay off the vodka on your cornflakes.

Spurs have done it. We should do exactly as they have done.

Buy massive talent, build up, sell for huge profit, buy more massive talent. Maybe 2 out of 5 buys come off... maybe 3...

Rinse and repeat.

It wasnt that long ago they were worse than us, now they’re almost top 4 certs and champs league finalists.

We were better than them about 10 years ago. It's taken them a long time of playing the market right to get where they are now. We are certainly aiming to do something similar. It's not gonna happen in 3 transfer windows though, but you can see that our recruitment is a lot better under brands.

I do believe that currently we are slightly weaker than we are at the end of last season, but last year we sealed 3 deadline signings in the last 2 hours and if we get a centre half and a winger that match the standard of players we have bought so far this window then we are in a stronger place.

That's what I hope would be happening with a few back up options, everything agreed and ready to give the go ahead if required.

As Mills said yesterday, players have huge egos and do not like to be seen as 2nd / 3rd choice.
A fine balancing act when your 1st choice is still in play on deadline day. At what point do you blink?

The whole transfer window sagas in the modern game are so tedious, just lining the pockets of agents and TV companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.