Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly thought we would buy 3 decent players. Got 3 now and seem to be big improvements. And reserve goalie. Thought buy 3 decent players every year and we would really improve. If we did buy a CB, dacoure and zaha( don't really rate either but won't say no). That's a lot of players to bed in. So not expecting loads of this season maybe 7th but hopefully when the players get to know each other we will get an indication of what the future will.hold. certainly an exciting time to be a blue. Hopefully the existing players can see we mean business and improve their performances as well. COYB

75m pounds Bournemouth are asking Leceister for Ake
The world has gone nuts!
Would love him to come here but not in a million years...

to be fair mate teams just don't need to sell their assets anymore because of the TV money

so they can rightly ask for what they want for their best players

a player is only worth what the selling team wants

Can’t see the midfield shouts personally. Gomes Gbamin Delph Siggurdson all expecting first team football. Schneiderlin and Davies still trusted by the manager. Bernard potentially dropping into number 10. Besic and McCarthy still not moved on yet. I can’t see why we’d want to add another first team player to that. I’m all for squad strength but there’s going to be 20 million pound midfielders sat on the bench if we’re not careful.

Tell you what this window has shown, that you dont need European football to get players in, no one cares about the Europa league. I hope we can win a cup and if so we will get in it that way, but if not i hope we avoid 6 or 7th again next season. If we have a go at 4th and miss out and come 5th fair enough

Fully expect a deal to be done for Zaha, think it will be completed late as to ensure he doesn’t feature against Palace on Saturday.

Doucouré, I can see the benefits of him being available for Silva to implement differing solutions dependant on the opposition - I’d be surprised if he joined, thin Watford will be happy to keep him given the little time to replace. Appreciate it’s the same time left for Zaha, but Palace Must be prepared given he’s been linked away all summer.

Have no clue who the CB will be, but agree with posters who’ve speculated on the need for whoever to have similar attributes to Zouma.

However I’ll be just as happy to just get a CB & RW over the line - Fingers crossed its Zouma and Zaha.

So it looks like our 1st choice targets for the last 2 days are Zaha, Doucoure and Zouma.

I think it'll be real tough to get any 1 of the 3 over the line given what they are asking for and time remaining.

Looks like Zaha will deffo take 70m+
Doucoure 45m+
Zouma, we don't know if Chelsea are willing to sell

I wonder if we've left it too late in the day to even have the clubs willing to negotiate with us or if we have alternative targets or it's these or no one

Fully expect a deal to be done for Zaha, think it will be completed late as to ensure he doesn’t feature against Palace on Saturday.

Doucouré, I can see the benefits of him being available for Silva to implement differing solutions dependant on the opposition - I’d be surprised if he joined, thin Watford will be happy to keep him given the little time to replace. Appreciate it’s the same time left for Zaha, but Palace Must be prepared given he’s been linked away all summer.

Have no clue who the CB will be, but agree with posters who’ve speculated on the need for whoever to have similar attributes to Zouma.

However I’ll be just as happy to just get a CB & RW over the line - Fingers crossed its Zouma and Zaha.

That’s close to 120 million pound outlay in the next few days of the window. I think Zouma has gone to be honest, wouldn’t be surprised to see a cheaper alternative come in.

All these bids can only mean one thing .
View attachment 64404

Can’t see the midfield shouts personally. Gomes Gbamin Delph Siggurdson all expecting first team football. Schneiderlin and Davies still trusted by the manager. Bernard potentially dropping into number 10. Besic and McCarthy still not moved on yet. I can’t see why we’d want to add another first team player to that. I’m all for squad strength but there’s going to be 20 million pound midfielders sat on the bench if we’re not careful.

....I wonder about James McCarthy. Silva has come out and publicly criticised him for his performance in training. I wonder if the player has made it known he wants to see out the last year of his contract and move on a lucrative Bosman. Silva might be putting pressure on.

All conjecture, of course, but we have a few players entering their final season who we might struggle to move on, except on loan.

That’s close to 120 million pound outlay in the next few days of the window. I think Zouma has gone to be honest, wouldn’t be surprised to see a cheaper alternative come in.

Aye, realise it’s a big outlay, but the squad would be good for beyond this season knowing next summer we can tweak what we have and utilise the natural wastage from players leaving to purchase a solid RB or players who perhaps don’t adapt/push on - perhaps it’s then better for us to go after promising youngsters knowing the spine is sorted.

P.S. Not opposed to loans either, just want the squad to be as good as it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.