Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest mate.. I’m made up with just Kean... we had to have a striker! Everything else right now to me is a bonus. But I’ll take whatever Brands throws our way!

I'd be worried if we didn't get a new defender at the very least. Just feel like if we could get a goal-scoring winger like Zaha then we'd be in for a very good season once everyone gels.

Trying to get my head around this. We may actually sign Sidibie, Rakitic and Zaha on top of Kean, Gomez, Delph and Gbamin? Oh my days... If we end up with that lot, I'll take Richard Gough or Dave Watson as Centre back cover....

Im in the states and in work, so apologies if im out the loop, I read earlier that Zenit may be looking to sell Malcom already as their fans are kicking off and not happy they signed a Black player. If this is true, its a very sad state of affairs, but perhaps we can swoop in and sign him up?

Also Zaha of £65m? I would have thought this is less value that £55m plus McCarthy and Tosun? Im not sure that the £65m is much use to palace though unless they get it today or tomorrow so they can bring in a couple to replace Zaha. Think they would be favourites for relegation without him

"convinced" is a bit strong. We are Palace after all. More likely that he'll stay is the general view. His agent (brother) is trying to make it happen. Not convinced anyone else is.
All we hear is Palace love Zaha.Why r u selling him,why aren't the fans in uproar?Did u love Bolassie.Is Wilfred any good.Answers would b appreciated.Ps r Palace skint?

Dont think anyone doubts Zaha's pedigree (including me)....but I feel there are more important positions to be filled before we look at signing him...first rule of winning trophies? Make your defence rock solid and build on that....you dont concede, you have a chance.

Think we will get a CB and RB aswell as a winger mate. CB being a big one for me.

Im in the states and in work, so apologies if im out the loop, I read earlier that Zenit may be looking to sell Malcom already as their fans are kicking off and not happy they signed a Black player. If this is true, its a very sad state of affairs, but perhaps we can swoop in and sign him up?

Also Zaha of £65m? I would have thought this is less value that £55m plus McCarthy and Tosun? Im not sure that the £65m is much use to palace though unless they get it today or tomorrow so they can bring in a couple to replace Zaha. Think they would be favourites for relegation without him

Zenit officially put out a statement today claiming the reports around Malcom were from a mistranslated banner. According to the statement the banner displayed read "Thank you for keeping with traditions" and wasn't referencing Malcom - then weirdly offer out the media by asking them to come to Zenit and experience a match and their hospitality first hand. There's been a few reports that they'd have to sell him but I think it's jarg. As shoddy as UEFA and FIFA are I think a £40m signing from Barca being immediately hounded out of the club for skin colour would invoke some serious punishment.

If the window shut now:

We are stronger up top

Slightly weaker (imo) in the midfield losing Gana (think neither Gbamin or Delph make up for his loss)

And weaker in defence without Zouma.

Even though our window has been positive so far (largely down to securing Kean) I think these next few days are massive for us:

signing a quality winger will increase our attacking strength further

Possibly another midfielder like Doucoure could make up for Gana's loss and allow us to change our midfield set up.

Zouma or another CB to partner Keane.

Get those 3 positions sorted + possibly a RB on loan and its been a great window. Failure to get atleast 2 more in and its been positive but not enough to crack top 6 imo.

Zaha and Zouma would be massive for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.