Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the YouTube video and a few things stood out: 1) McFadden looked amazing, quick feet and decent passing. 2) Watson had decent skills when it came to finishing and 3) Hibbo looked like a world beater for Big Duncs goal! Haha

Remember listening to it on the radio while working on the car, McFadden was being bigged up by the commentators and sounded like the Scottish Rooney , which of corse he wasn’t lol

If Arsenal do in fact sign Pepe and Tierney they will have had a very good window. With all this talk of a £45m budget I had earmarked them as one of the teams we could potentially finish above this season but with little transfer activity over here perhaps that is no longer the case.

Striker needs to be here prior to the last pre season game at the very least, getting one in on deadline day you're already missing 2+ infinitely winnable games at least

I said yesterday that hopefully Marcel is having everyone on and in reality is using Zaha as a smokescreen for a better cheaper option, however if we do get Zaha in And get McCarthy and Tosun out as part of the deal then that will definitely be a deal that appeals to us. Tosun is on in excess of 100k a week (thanks fat Sam) and contributes nothing. McCarthy 60k and doesn’t play. Get two people out who don’t contribute and bring in a starter that does seems like decent business, even if he doesn’t immediately fit the under 25 low wages model. Zaha wouldn’t be my first choice but would be better than we have and gives us a chance of getting rid of deadwood we might otherwise struggle to.

If it has to be the last day of the window, so be it. We are buying someone for the next few seasons, not just so we can marginally increase our chances of beating Palace and Watford.

Zaha is a great player and could be boss for us. His lack of big numbers is a worry especially as he'll be playing up top.

If we can get him for £40m + Tosun and McCarthy, I'd be delighted.

Tosun and McCarthy are on about 120k pw combined (probably what Zaha's wages would be), and have contributed nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.