Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on Holgate really. I think possibly he could do a job but 2 injuries and he is playing. Also Silva likes to use 3 CB sometimes so having 5 players gives you that option. Personally I only think we'll get one and if it's a case of one really good CB or 2 not quite as good I would prefer 1.

We cant really plan for 2 injuries, but we have Holgate and in an emergency maybe the boy Gibson, if he isnt loaned out.

Trying to keep 5 CBs happy would create some pretty big issues within the squad and its not like you can pick up quality CBs for cheap these days.

We cant really plan for 2 injuries, but we have Holgate and in an emergency maybe the boy Gibson, if he isnt loaned out.

Trying to keep 5 CBs happy would create some pretty big issues within the squad and its not like you can pick up quality CBs for cheap these days.

This is the pain of not getting Europe. I personally think Holgate may end up back up right back which then gives us that flexibility of buying 2 but if we don't have that option Holgate may end up 4th and 2nd choice in the 2 positions. Our squad has ended up such a mess hopefully next year it will become a little clearer.

This is the pain of not getting Europe. I personally think Holgate may end up back up right back which then gives us that flexibility of buying 2 but if we don't have that option Holgate may end up 4th and 2nd choice in the 2 positions. Our squad has ended up such a mess hopefully next year it will become a little clearer.

Sadly theres no easy fix.

5 managers and 2 DoFs in 3 years kinda leaves a mark.

As you say im hopeful things will settle down, this and probably next summer will be a mess, but then hopefully Silva doesnt crap the bed and we can build on a stable manager, fairly stable squad and not have so much turmoil all summer.

Not signing a striker or someone to play in the middle three will absolutely baffle me.

Same here, surely striker needs to be the priority.. last season we we're relying
on Sig/Richarlison yet we are still being linked with more wingers/other positions than anything,
you would of thought we would of signed a striker by now to settle in the squad
for the pre-seasons, will be worried if no deals in that department within a couple of weeks.

its common sense just get a striker in ffs

Now Zouma appears out of reach we need a minimum one but probably 2 centre backs. I'm hoping we get a left footed player comfortable on the ball would happily have someone a bit older as centre back is a position usually decent til 34-35.

If we move Lookman and Onyekuru on we need to bring in one out and out winger and another who can also play centrally. We need a first choice striker as well.

If McCarthy, Schneiderlin and Gueye leave we need one more midfielder as first choice or as back up to Delph and Gomes.

Right back depends on Holgate. If he plays well enough in pre season perhaps we can wait and see how Kenny gets on. If he doesn't do well we need someone in to compete with Coleman.
Agree some of the things you have said, apart from the 2 centre backs we will only be getting 1, we don’t need 2

And we will only need 1 wide player, to go with Richarlison, Bernard and Walcott, that’s plenty.

Sadly theres no easy fix.

5 managers and 2 DoFs in 3 years kinda leaves a mark.

As you say im hopeful things will settle down, this and probably next summer will be a mess, but then hopefully Silva doesnt crap the bed and we can build on a stable manager, fairly stable squad and not have so much turmoil all summer.

Nxt to summers a mess are you kiddin? We would be light years behind

Agree some of the things you have said, apart from the 2 centre backs we will only be getting 1, we don’t need 2

And we will only need 1 wide player, to go with Richarlison, Bernard and Walcott, that’s plenty.

We don't have any cover for Sigurdsson except Bernard and if both Tosun and Niasse leave DCL would be only back up striker. I'm just thinking about a bit of squad depth but allowing players to play so the 2nd winger being versatile would allow this. I suppose it depends how many we get out the door. Maybe Broadhead could fill this role.

Nxt to summers a mess are you kiddin? We would be light years behind

How do you work that out Matty my good mate?

Im not saying we put everything on hold for 2 years, we can improve the squad, like we did last summer, like we will this summer.

I was just talking about us not having to shift about 20 players every summer.

Same here, surely striker needs to be the priority.. last season we we're relying
on Sig/Richarlison yet we are still being linked with more wingers/other positions than anything,
you would of thought we would of signed a striker by now to settle in the squad
for the pre-seasons, will be worried if no deals in that department within a couple of weeks.

its common sense just get a striker in ffs

DCL isn't good enough to start. We somehow played well with him but I can't help but think how we'd do with someone who can score.

I am struggling to identify a striker tbh.

Still need:
- First choice center back
- First choice winger
- First choice striker
- Right back (ideally first choice, more realistically cover)

----------------Pickford
Coleman---CB---Mina---Digne
----------Gueye---Gomes
Richarlison---Siggy---Winger
-----------------Striker

Still need:
- First choice winger
- First choice striker

----------------Pickford
----------Gueye---Gomes
-----------------Striker

I think you’ll find Bernard owns the left wing position mert

Still need:
- First choice winger
- First choice striker

----------------Pickford
----------Gueye---Gomes
-----------------Striker

If Gueye goes gonna need another CM/DM.

Still need:
- First choice winger
- First choice striker

----------------Pickford
----------Gueye---Gomes
-----------------Striker

You're dropping Bernard?

What is wrong with this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.