• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems it won't be THAT Juve forward

Didn't we 'contact' them about a month ago?

I thought by this point we'd be at least 'considering'? Or maybe even 'mulling'? Even potentially 'sizing up'.

Well either that or 'contemplating', 'deliberating', 'reflecting on' or 'ruminating'.

Basically doing everything a football club can physically do without putting an actual bid in.

I’m with you here TBH. For all the “echo and Kirkbride know nothing” stuff on here, the fact is Phil Kirkbride has been bang on since Brands and Silva have come in. He’s also with the squad in Switzerland, if says we’re interested then we are.

Jason Burt is reliable too and he’s on it now so there must be definite interest there.

Selling Vlasic and Lookman, two of the promising youngsters, and signing Delph (approaching 30) and interest in a 33 year old striker whose goals are drying up fast, is not the strategy I was expecting.

That’s literally the opposite of everything we’ve heard from Brands and Silva. We need to wait until the close of the window TBF before judging the success (or lack of) this window but I’ll admit right now I’m a little uneasy about what’s happening.
It’s not what I was hoping for either, but there are examples where it has worked eg Van Persie at Utd. If they get him then I think it means they are giving DCL the time to develop.
With regards to Lookman, they either have to play him or let him leave. I suspect it is already too late with him. Vlasic may turn out to be the right player at the wrong time.
I like Lookman, but successive managers have not played him, so what do I know?

Didn't we 'contact' them about a month ago?

I thought by this point we'd be at least 'considering'? Or maybe even 'mulling'? Even potentially 'sizing up'.

Well either that or 'contemplating', 'deliberating', 'reflecting on' or 'ruminating'.

Basically doing everything a football club can physically do without putting an actual bid in.

Love the "mulling" stage me

The thing with DCL is he does help us as a team overall. We are better with him in running the channels and holding the play up and letting those around him have a bit more space. You can't deny that. The proof is there with the back part of the season.

But, and it's a big but, he simply doesn't have that clinical nature that we need given as a team we don't really create chances for our strikers - the chances are created for Richarlison/Gylfi on the whole.

I do think Tosun has that clinical touch but he simply can't keep up with the play in the PL, so we have to go for a player who can bring us that clinical nature without giving up what DCL offers us. It's why Haller would have been a good option imo, as he offers quite a bit similar but does have that finishing touch. That being said, DCL is a fair bit quicker, so we also need to factor pace in.

It's a tricky one. We know we need a forward but they have to be right. We can't just go around saying DCL is crap because he clearly isn't and clearly offers a lot. But if we want to push on we need a player that can do what DCL does well, plus find the net regularly.
This coming season is a big one for DCL, imo. If he doesn't add goals to his game this season then I'm not sure he ever will and without added goals he'll never be at a top side. If our aspiration is to win things then DCL will have to chip in with a dozen or (ideally) more league goals in a season. I'm happy for us to give the lad plenty of game time again this season but we need someone pushing him for his place and he needs to score more. If not, this time next year, he needs moving on.

Could have copied it from DiMarzio, a month later

There are some journalists that you take notice of, and there’s others you don’t even blink at. Most people will know the good and bad over here in the UK, but not everyone knows too much about those abroad. This fella for instance..

Is as reliable as they come, especially from within Italy. If he’s said we’ve bid for Kean then I’m confident we have genuine interest. Maybe now we have another offloaded and a few more quid in the bank, we’ll step up that interest.

Clocks a ticking..

That tweet above was from a few weeks ago BTW, nothing new.

wow great deal, all the cash right away

Feel like this one will come back to bite us. Could see him doing a De Bruyne and finding consistency in the bundesliga before bouncing back to a big club in the prem. For some reason he just won’t do it for us though.

It seems it won't be THAT Juve forward

Doesn't fair too well in the ITK table does Tanc

Status
Not open for further replies.