Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a couple of people question whether Haller can play as a loan striker and it is a fair question given the system Frankfurt employed but it is also the only real question I've seen. If we pull of Kean or Leao than whatever but if we can't get a deal done this one will be frustrating.

I doubt they’ll loan him out tbf.

Lone.

To expect a top 4 challenge with DCL and Tosun as our strikers is absolute lunacy.

The form we ended last season with, including DCL up top, would challenge for the top 4 this season, particular with all our challengers being weaker.

I expect we’ll be even better this season as the team gets more used to Silva’s ideas and younger players, like DCL develop, however it’s all completely irrelevant as we will add in that area.

The team that ended last season though, would put in a top 4 challenge this season, which only reiterates how much we have to look forward to this forthcoming season.

I haven't seen much of either but I'd assumed Haller would have suited our style of play more than Kean.
I'd thought Haller was a DCL type, could bring others in to the game, strong, hardworking.
Kean more a Rom type striker who's all about where the net is.
Am I mistaken?

I've seen a couple of people question whether Haller can play as a loan striker and it is a fair question given the system Frankfurt employed but it is also the only real question I've seen. If we pull of Kean or Leao than whatever but if we can't get a deal done this one will be frustrating.

....from what I read regarding Leao, he moved on a free transfer just 18months ago. I appreciate he’s a youngster, but I like to see quality in the pedigree. He seems the type to risk at a reasonable price, but the figures being quoted seem astronomical.

I haven't seen much of either but I'd assumed Haller would have suited our style of play more than Kean.
I'd thought Haller was a DCL type, could bring others in to the game, strong, hardworking.
Kean more a Rom type striker who's all about where the net is.
Am I mistaken?
This is one reason I kind of like Leao better than Kean. I think he has more of the link up side of the game.

....from what I read regarding Leao, he moved on a free transfer just 18months ago. I appreciate he’s a youngster, but I like to see quality in the pedigree.
He scored 8 goals in about 1000 minutes this season which is a small sample but also pretty solid for a 19 year old. A weaker league than the Prem but also not a total joke of a league. There is something to him I think. At least as much a risk as Kean for sure though.

....from what I read regarding Leao, he moved on a free transfer just 18months ago. I appreciate he’s a youngster, but I like to see quality in the pedigree. He seems the type to risk at a reasonable price, but the figures being quoted seem astronomical.

He only moved on a free because of what happened at Sporting Lisbon’s training ground. He was linked with moves last Summer for £25m+ before all that.

He scored 8 goals in about 1000 minutes this season which is a small sample but also pretty solid for a 19 year old. A weaker league than the Prem but also not a total joke of a league. There is something to him I think. At least as much a risk as Kean for sure though.

...yep, just been reading his profile and the free transfer came after he terminated his own contract when fans invaded the training ground. I have that aspect wrong.

I agree with you, the clips suggest there is something there.

...yep, just been reading his profile and the free transfer came after he terminated his own contract when fans invaded the training ground. I have that aspect wrong.

I agree with you, the clips suggest there is something there.
He's an impressive athlete which I like because very few strikers succeed in this league without speed and/or strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.