Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have about 20 players of deadwood to sell, I was hoping we'd do that, add a right back, a centre back, gomes + a powerful box to box midfielder and a top notch striker and be done.

Selling a first team player like gueye isn't needed imo, just adding work for ourselves to buy his replacement. I'd have accepted buying a new winger if we got a great offer for Walcott or lookman, but again it's creating more work to do, as is selling Vlasic, as we have no backup for siggurdsson imo.

I think the key was to keep the amount of business we'd need to do to a minimum hence not selling those 3 as I could see a place for them, we'll see how it all pans out.

We have about 20 players of deadwood to sell, I was hoping we'd do that, add a right back, a centre back, gomes + a powerful box to box midfielder and a top notch striker and be done.

Selling a first team player like gueye isn't needed imo, just adding work for ourselves to buy his replacement. I'd have accepted buying a new winger if we got a great offer for Walcott or lookman, but again it's creating more work to do, as is selling Vlasic, as we have no backup for siggurdsson imo.

I think the key was to keep the amount of business we'd need to do to a minimum hence not selling those 3 as I could see a place for them, we'll see how it all pans out.

Selling some of our players was always going to be tough due to their wages sadly

I agree that we seem to be throwing out the baby with the bathwater in regards to some of these player sales though

What you think about Bernard in sigguardsson role I think he would do well in there myself ?

Not similar at all. The RS lose their best players to top teams. They don't sell when a player that works in their system reaches 29. They have Jordan Henderson at 29, had him for 7 years or so and there are no rumbles about him going anywhere or being replaced because he's integral to their system and they want to win things.

Gana is the best at what he does in Europe hence why psg are after him even though he is 30 in September.

Henderson is at best a bang avarage player with a excellent coach with a reoccurring ankle injury that means he'll never pass another medical, nobody want him.

Can you please explain to me how Henderson is integral to how Liverpool play lol.

Regardless, gana is one of our best players and we are going to sell him to one of the top teams in Europe. Then we will use the money to reinvest back into the team like Liverpool did with Suarez, like they did with coutinioh and like they will do with salah/mane/vvd.

What you think about Bernard in sigguardsson role I think he would do well in there myself ?

Yeah, when we signed him I'd have preferred him there and siggy left. It looks like we'll buy a winger which means he'll now be backup so he could be that for siggurdsson and wide. My only issue is if we don't buy a winger, he's a starter, and I don't like a starter being first choice backup for another position.

would of disagreed with this 6 months ago, but his performances since January have completely 360'd my opinion of how important he is to how Silva wants us to play.
And as you said, bedding in a new player in such an important role is something we really cant be risking at doing at the moment, especially as it seems with Arsenal/Chelsea/United being a little flaky, it seems there is a small window open again to push on.

Its not about who can make us better today.

Its about the team evolving over the next couple of seasons into a consistent top 4 challenger.

Selling Gana has other benefits such as bringing in a different system in the centre and signing two younger players with high potential like sangare) who can push us up another level as they develop.

There havent been any public bids for Gana from United or Chelsea.

What we need to do is build a new midfield. Gomes is the first in and over the next couple of seasons both Gana and Sigurdsson wont be in the team anyway so it makes sense to lose Gana now while we can take a big fee.

If someone offered similar for Sigurdsson i think he would be sold as well.

I quoted east anglian daily times as saying yesterday a years loan was close to take Garbutt to end of contract....going to ipswich.

I dont think this is necessarily true. I think Moshiri will want us to keep our best players unless offers are silly and we can see the team developing.

Gana isnt a brands signing and i dont see him or a few others fitting into a system which Silva/Brands have favoured in the past.

If we can get 35 for gana that is silly money let's be honest. If he was 25 he'd be worth double that but he's not he's 30 soon and let's be honest we've probably promised him he can go this window in January.

But he has fit into the system, he fit into it last season. He played in all of our best games apart from the Burnley game.

would of disagreed with this 6 months ago, but his performances since January have completely 360'd my opinion of how important he is to how Silva wants us to play.
And as you said, bedding in a new player in such an important role is something we really cant be risking at doing at the moment, especially as it seems with Arsenal/Chelsea/United being a little flaky, it seems there is a small window open again to push on.
So your opinion is exactly the same as pre January?

Status
Not open for further replies.