Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate we finished 8th even with that amazing run of results you mention. If you’re happy with 8th then great, the gap we need to close even to reach 6th is massive and requires us to score more goals haveing a striker that can’t score is a handicap. The easiest way to increase our goals and hopefully wins is by adding another attacking player that scores Ie a decent striker

We only played for 1/4 of the season Tel... we spent the other 3/4’s implementing new ideas preparing for the future, not trying to put together an immediate, yet unsustainable short term fix.

Transfer that 1/4 of a season form into a full season and that is really achievable. Especially with the years preparation we have in the bank. We’re going to be right in the mix for a top 4 spot even if we don’t add to the squad.

The fact that we have Silva, Brands and Mr Moshri’s backing ensuring we will add quality to our squad this summer just confirms it’s an absolutely outstanding time to be a blue.

I haven’t been more excited going into a season for 25 years plus if I’m honest.

And they have to pay 25% of any fee to Man Utd. So they're going to expect a hugely inflated fee to get the money they want. And they're dealing with Arsenal.

Can't see it happening.

Arsenal have bid 40m I’m pretty sure I ready somewhere that their transfer budget was 40m ?

We only played for 1/4 of the season Tel... we spent the other 3/4’s implementing new ideas preparing for the future, not trying to put together an immediate, yet unsustainable short term fix.

Transfer that 1/4 of a season form into a full season and that is really achievable. Especially with the years preparation we have in the bank. We’re going to be right in the mix for a top 4 spot even if we don’t add to the squad.

The fact that we have Silva, Brands and Mr Moshri’s backing ensuring we will add quality to our squad this summer just confirms it’s an absolutely outstanding time to be a blue.

I haven’t been more excited going into a season for 25 years plus if I’m honest.

The season after Bobby’s first had me very optimistic. You can’t just cherry pick runs of form as we always have a good run somewhere. We usually do a Morgan and have a good finish to the year and gives up hope of next year lonely for us to start slow then by January after we get knocked out of the cup we have nothing to play for .

I like Zaha, but the figures they want will mean they are not happy. Nobody is paying 80 million for him. I saw some of their fans wanted obscene money, some mentioned £150 million. He's a good player, who has flopped at a top team once before.
I really don’t like when people say young players “flopped.” He was 19 when he went to United and left when he was like 21. You could easily say Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Pogba, James, etc all “flopped” at their first giant club. Truth is some either just weren’t quite ready or didn’t get a real chance from the manager.

I really don’t like when people say young players “flopped.” He was 19 when he went to United and left when he was like 21. You could easily say Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Pogba, James, etc all “flopped” at their first giant club. Truth is some either just weren’t quite ready or didn’t get a real chance from the manager.
Don't you dare slander James like that

Edit: Nevermind I misread it. I just think people don't understand how good James actually is. If he were healthy these last 5 years he would be talked about as a top 10 player in the world.

We didnt score in 9 premier league games last season, two of those were against the cursed bunch. Scoring wasnt our problem last season, sure having a more prolific striker would certainly help us put more points on the board but the real issue we had last year was we couldn't defend for the first 3 or 4 months of the season. There was a period of at least 5 games where we looked like conceding from every ruddy set piece.

The fact that we kept so many clean sheets towards the end of the season is a big positive going into this one imo but we need to keep the same key players in that unit. Zouma is a big part of that. Agree with you that we will be closer to the teams above next season, dont see why we cant compete for fourth. Chelsea will be so much weaker with hazard, arsenal sound like they dont have a big transfer budget and have lost ramsey who was a huge player for them, Utd are in complete rebuild mode so will take time to gel and who knows with spurs, Eriksson leaves and they will struggle as he is the heart of that team, they so seem to get injuries to key players more often than the other sides too. Rs and city are out of reach but that leaves 5 teams fairly close together in my mind battling for the other positions. We also have the advantage of no Europe and we know we are going to be busy in the market. Like you said, even if we kept the squad the same as the end of last season we would go into this season in a stronger position, everyone knows their roles, the tactics and each other so....

?? Doesnt matter, he is a player that will get zero playing time but is probably on £20-25k a week, thats another million saved over the year.

Mate he's an outstanding player who pretty much carries Palace, is constantly targeted and marked by at least 2 players as he is so dangerous and is surrounded by lesser quality players. Yes he can improve his end product but when you have Benteke, Sorloth and Wickham you basically have to put it on a plate. He got 10 goals and 5 assists in a dreadful team who I think won about 5 games at home all season.

In this market he is definitely worth £80mill, plus dont forget that 25% goes to Utd so Palace would get £60mill.

jedis been told he can go

We didnt score in 9 premier league games last season, two of those were against the cursed bunch. Scoring wasnt our problem last season, sure having a more prolific striker would certainly help us put more points on the board but the real issue we had last year was we couldn't defend for the first 3 or 4 months of the season. There was a period of at least 5 games where we looked like conceding from every ruddy set piece.

The fact that we kept so many clean sheets towards the end of the season is a big positive going into this one imo but we need to keep the same key players in that unit. Zouma is a big part of that. Agree with you that we will be closer to the teams above next season, dont see why we cant compete for fourth. Chelsea will be so much weaker with hazard, arsenal sound like they dont have a big transfer budget and have lost ramsey who was a huge player for them, Utd are in complete rebuild mode so will take time to gel and who knows with spurs, Eriksson leaves and they will struggle as he is the heart of that team, they so seem to get injuries to key players more often than the other sides too. Rs and city are out of reach but that leaves 5 teams fairly close together in my mind battling for the other positions. We also have the advantage of no Europe and we know we are going to be busy in the market. Like you said, even if we kept the squad the same as the end of last season we would go into this season in a stronger position, everyone knows their roles, the tactics and each other so....
I'm sorry, our defending was pretty darn good most of the year. We gave up fewer goals than Arsenal and Man U, but we did not score enough goals. We were top 5 in the league in shots against, and our open play defending went from the worst in the entire league to pretty darn good. We gave up a lot of set piece goals, but that's certainly curable with the proper tactics as we saw in the last month or so.

While I still think our defending in the center of the park is short of the mark, the greater issue for Everton is scoring goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.