Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t deal with traction here Colers.

Just names.

I'll have my spy at the airport just as usual when we broke the Henry Onyekuru story 2 years ago but I feel with Brands in, he is cloak and dagger when it comes to transfers which I like.

Regarding attacking output I actually find the telegraphs fantasy football to be a decent indicator as they give points for goals and key contributions (ie not direct assists). They give points for players who provide a key role in a goal - ‘assisting the assister’

Sig - 12 key contributions
Gueye - 8 (surprising)
Digne - 7
Bernard - 7
Richarlison- 5
Walcott - 5

Considering we didn’t get many from set pieces I’d say sigurdsson is clearly a key player in terms of productivity.

Bernard’s output isn’t too bad either considering he took time to settle and we didn’t take a lot of chances he created.

It’s clear we’re lacking a quality centre forward but we all know that anyway.

Edit / just checked the premier league website stats and according to that the myth that is sigurdsson was joint 11th in the league in terms of creating “big chances” - thats higher that Eriksen, Bernardo silva and Pogba to name a few.

Last edited:

Some of the shouts in those early 07/08 days were ridiculous. I remember in particular ‘we wasted money on Yakubu we didn’t even need him’ after Anichebe had had one decent game against Kharkiv I think. Others included ‘Baines will never replace Lescott at leftback’ and ‘Pienaar looks like a weak Osman’ after his first game.

Thank god the fans don’t pick the team.

So he just looked like Osman then?

Status
Not open for further replies.