Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As we seen last summer Brands doesn't give anything away and the press especially The Echo were not being told anything until the very last moments when other people were getting involved in the deals.

Unless it comes from the same people (Joyce, King, Bascombe, McNulty etc) at roughly the same time then just ignore whatever trash is being written.

I think after last summer the Echo seems to be the most well informed now.

surely weve learned our lesson signing has beens!
we are struggling to get the likes of sneiderlein,mirrales and williams off the books,
this welbeck thing has got to be rubbish!

He will be a shocking signing for anyone that is stupid enough to pay 70m or whatever. Just out of interest , how is he good? He hasn’t ever had a decent goal scoring season, he’s already had a flop at a big club , he dives constantly , he is greedy and he makes very bad decisions regarding when and when not to pass add all that the the fact he’s basically in his prime ... he’s gash and to top of off he would cost a massive fee. He’s basically a more expensive bolasie and whoever buys him will be stuck with him the way we are with so many of our players currently

Because on MOTD he does a couple of step overs

People might not like to hear it, but I can totally see Brands signing Welbeck, and intending for him to be a 4th winger, 3rd striker option. Hes all about budget, value, and saving money in places so it can be spent at the times it needs to be. If his wage demands are too high, Brands will just walk, but if they arent I can easily see him seeing the value in signing Welbeck as an experienced backup to free us up to sell Walcott, Niasse, Vlasic, Lookman, Tosun, Bolasie, etc. Sell that lot who we dont want starting next season anyway(with the exception of lookman, but Silva doesnt favor him), pocket 70 million, replace for free, and then sell Welbeck next season for 5 million.

The reality is with the likes of Lookman, Walcott, and Tosun sold as we expect, even if we bring in a top CF, and a top RW, we need someone who can be the 3rd CF, and 4th Winger. Its a position you need for insurance, but you dont want to waste money on.

Why would welbeck move to be a back up player? He wants to leave arsenal to play regularly

We need 3 strikers. Niasse and tosun will leave. Is welbeck better than the above?

Absolutely. Plus he is free. It's a no brainer!

Over 100k a week wages... Does a lot of damage to team spirit to add another guy to the dressing room earning massive money and not even playing... I'm not surprised our team lost all character under koeman when a host of bang average players came in on double (even triple) what the existing players were making...it would p**s anyone off in any workplace..

As we seen last summer Brands doesn't give anything away and the press especially The Echo were not being told anything until the very last moments when other people were getting involved in the deals.

Unless it comes from the same people (Joyce, King, Bascombe, McNulty etc) at roughly the same time then just ignore whatever trash is being written.
Think some names linked to us have substance as we have scouts at games and talk to agents. However Welbeck to me seems lazy journslism as he is the type of player we want to sign: striker who can play across the whole forward line. But age & wages is not what Brands wants

Why would City sell with no other strikers and an ageing Aguero ? Add to that he's likely a 70mil player which would decimate our budget and most importantly why would he come here ?

Agreed. No way he is “surplus to requirements” at Man City. I’d expect him to be there many years as one of their first choice players.

Status
Not open for further replies.