Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

At some point we need to have 3 wide players who can all rotate. But we cant get that this window, and get a top CF, a top CB, a top RB, and 2 CMs. We cant afford that. That means you either do without at a couple of those positions, or you find a way to get either loans, or a free transfer. Malcolm will have plenty of suitors, so if we fail on him, considering CF and CB will be top priorities, we then have the choice of playing Walcott again, or the likes of Brahimi(on appropriate wages), who we can sell in 2 years at a great profit.
So Brahimi available on a free this summer? He would want bigish wages and is 29 years old so not -exactly- in the age range we should be targeting
Saying that, I do think he could be a quality addition on the wing, at the very least to push our current wingers beyond their levels this season or at best to force his way into the team ahead of Bernard (sorry my prince) and actually put numbers up on the left again
Brahimi is in my opinion an upgrade on both Walcott and Lookman who I’d look to sell
Not gonna shout this one from the rooftops because I get wages and age may be a snag but when a player like Brahimi is available in a free you have to consider him. I’d hate to see a rival take a punt and us regret it
Malcom is not going for 20M, come on now, Zat. The kid lit up the French league last year - he was probably one of the top 10 rated players in the league, 12 goals, 7 assists, he's 22, went for like 40M Euros+ last year.

Traore might go for 20M.

I'd go for the loan with a decent fee I'm sure, but we NEED an option to buy for like 25M.
As far as I'm aware he's still 50% third party owned. I'm not 100% sure how these things work but I reckon it's only the Porto contract that ends this summer. We'd still need to pay off the other lot and I doubt he'd come cheap.

swerve.

Theres a reason no one has signed Brahimi in the last 2 seasons where hes effectively been for sale.

He isnt very good + if we got him on a free then we would need to pay him big wages, which he isnt worth.

After 6months when we realise hes not good enough we then try to sell him on but no one will buy him due to his large wages.

We need to get off this rollercoaster.

Malcom has massively flopped at Barca. He'll be available at a cut price deal (just like Gomes was last summer).

Malcom has massively flopped at Barca. He'll be available at a cut price deal (just like Gomes was last summer).
First of all, Gomes hasn't been sold, yet. He was bought for 35M, he sounds like he's going to be sold for approximately the same amount.

Second of all, Malcolm just went for 42M, a drop to 20M is a huge reduction. He's 22, he's playing behind Messi, Dembele, Coutinho, etc. He's only played like 700 minutes, he's had a couple good performances since the end of March, but does anyone suddenly think the kid can't play? I hope not, that would be ridiculous. And if he's available for 20M, we should buy him in a heartbeat.

First of all, Gomes hasn't been sold, yet. He was bought for 35M, he sounds like he's going to be sold for approximately the same amount.

Second of all, Malcolm just went for 42M, a drop to 20M is a huge reduction. He's 22, he's playing behind Messi, Dembele, Coutinho, etc. He's only played like 700 minutes, he's had a couple good performances since the end of March, but does anyone suddenly think the kid can't play? I hope not, that would be ridiculous. And if he's available for 20M, we should buy him in a heartbeat.

Gomes was touted for €20-25mil last summer.

I don't believe a word of that nonsense. He would've been bought in a heartbeat at those numbers. Then why wouldn't they give us an option to buy at that price?

Why would a wealthy club loan a player out with an option to buy?

The only reason to do so would be if the loaning team paid a loan premium which we dont seem to have done.

Also, i dont believe anyone else bid for him last summer which is why Barca decided to loan him to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.