Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's just no way the reported fee of 40 mil for Traore is remotely accurate but I would gladly sign him for a reasonable fee. Has pace and skill and he is suited for the prem imo. I know none of the twitter scouts want him but hes definitely talented. I would rather we sign Cornet though
No team in the world pays 40 million for him surely
Does he or doesn’t he have release clause?

How does anyone know?!
Deffo has a release clause
He doesn't, the article's in Dutch but it's Van Der Saar saying that Ajax don't use release clauses with their players... the story that Ziyech had a 25 mil release clause was just made up by some journo from The Mirror and others just started quoting it https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuw...oopsom-daar-werken-we-bij-ajax-niet-mee-.html

Big Brother is watching you.

D62MdtPW4AATlPk

Were in the mail today:

Lookman getting interest from Southampton, Palace and Leipzig and weve set the price at £20mil.

"Those set to leave include Cenk Tosun, Oumar Niasse, Jonjoe Kenny, Leighton Baines, James McCarthy, Yannick Bolasie, Sandro Ramirez, Kevin Mirallas, Muhamed Besic and Maarten Stekelenburg".

We were also present at Benficas game vs Santa Clara...target unknown.

Really wouldnt want Brahimi.

Malcom would be an astute loan to buy...but barca never offer those clauses
While I dont think Brahimi is the standard we need as a long term starter, he would absolutely IMO be an upgrade over our current crop of backups. Couple that with a free transfer, and if the wages arent crazy its a no brainer to replace Walcott with him, plus net proceeds from Walcotts sale. What Brands did his first transfer season was so effective because he got great value by bringing in a good free transfer, and 2 loans. That frees up transfer funds. Any free transfer that will improve your squad(again, providing wages make sense) is a massive bonus in this day and age of anybody going for 30 million.

Malcolm would obviously be preferred, but Brands cant just fix every position this window. That means some positions need cheaper or stop gap options to be within budget AND give us a shot to take a top 6 spot. Of the free agent pool, its really on CM and RW that give us that option to do another Bernard.

Were in the mail today:

Lookman getting interest from Southampton, Palace and Leipzig and weve set the price at £20mil.

"Those set to leave include Cenk Tosun, Oumar Niasse, Jonjoe Kenny, Leighton Baines, James McCarthy, Yannick Bolasie, Sandro Ramirez, Kevin Mirallas, Muhamed Besic and Maarten Stekelenburg".

We were also present at Benficas game vs Santa Clara...target unknown.
Palace should be selling Saha, for top money aswell, so there going to be splashing some coin about I reckon

While I dont think Brahimi is the standard we need as a long term starter, he would absolutely IMO be an upgrade over our current crop of backups. Couple that with a free transfer, and if the wages arent crazy its a no brainer to replace Walcott with him, plus net proceeds from Walcotts sale. What Brands did his first transfer season was so effective because he got great value by bringing in a good free transfer, and 2 loans. That frees up transfer funds. Any free transfer that will improve your squad(again, providing wages make sense) is a massive bonus in this day and age of anybody going for 30 million.

Malcolm would obviously be preferred, but Brands cant just fix every position this window. That means some positions need cheaper or stop gap options to be within budget AND give us a shot to take a top 6 spot. Of the free agent pool, its really on CM and RW that give us that option to do another Bernard.

Totally disagree mate.

I see where youre coming from but we need to have 3 top wide players so we can rotate. Richarlison will need resting as he has the Copa this summer and I wouldnt want Brahimi starting which makes a free transfer a waste of money.

I dont think we should look at 'backup' players...as that just means the squad is only being strengthened in numbers. We either should be aiming for starters (which at the very least increases competition) or u21s who have the potential to be starters and can rotate in/out.

If we sold Walcott, Bolasie, Lookman, Mirallas and Onyekuru then we would bring in a decent amount e.g £55mil and a huge amount of wages.

I'd hope that we would go for a player who can play both left/right and would be at the same level as Bernard/Richarlison or even better...or an u21 player with the potential to be much better.

Brahimi isnt a good signing and would ask for insane wages as hes free...thats something were trying to move away from...

Either we go for Malcom on loan or try for Neres, Lozano or Bergwijn...or similar quality.

I also dont understand why we would look at cheap options in centre midfield when it consists of two 30year olds (sept Sigurdsson/Gana) and a 20 year old (Davies). Its an area where i would expect us to bring in one youngster e.g Sosa and one or two top players.

Palace should be selling Saha, for top money aswell, so there going to be splashing some coin about I reckon

The 'dream' would be Bolasie returning to Palace...they may think that losing fan favourite Zaha could be tempered with the former fan favourite Bolasie for £5mil

Status
Not open for further replies.