Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally think they would all be sensible, realistic signings that would improve the squad depth. We shouldn’t be expecting a Galacticos type summer (Koeman & Walsh tried this and failed miserable).

I’m looking for players that improve upon what we have and the likes of mitirovic don’t get me enthused in all honesty.

In regards to Koeman and Walsh, yes, unsuccessful signings were made , poor decisions made by them and the board, it should be used as an example to improve in future not overly tread lightly. I’m not saying waste money , I’m saying try to buy better than what we have, it’s tough but I do feel we need that surprise signing that gives everyone a lift and really pushes us on otherwise each year will be a borefest of existing whilst those above us potentially widen the gap in quality.

It’s tough I know and a lot easier said than done . Maybe a find a diamond in the rough, a Cahill type signing you know , who surprised us with his quality and determination.

Over on r/soccer, a review of Fulham's season noted that with Mitrovic playing as the ST, there was hardly any forward pressure - which again makes him not the type of forward that can play successfully in Silva's system and someone that Brands would not go spend on.

Really not sure about mitrovic. I would have thought abstaining in the winter window would enable us to aim for something higher.
We can easily buy something higher quality than Mitrovic but they carry the risk of being an absolute flop because they can't adjust to the PL and if we're spending decent money on a striker maybe they'll want a safety net of having played in the Prem with names like Mitrovic and Batushayi being bandied around

We can easily buy something higher quality than Mitrovic but they carry the risk of being an absolute flop because they can't adjust to the PL and if we're spending decent money on a striker maybe they'll want a safety net of having played in the Prem with names like Mitrovic and Batushayi being bandied around

Really don’t know mate.
Niasse 15m
Tosun 25m
Mitrovic 25m?

Unless he turns out being a prolific goal scorer, we will end up spending 65m on average, he is hardly prolific at this point.

Just watch a clip of him vs spurs, really not suitable for us, I understand it’s only one game, but I cannot imagine him being fast pacy prolific that we need.

I’m looking for players that improve upon what we have and the likes of mitirovic don’t get me enthused in all honesty.

In regards to Koeman and Walsh, yes, unsuccessful signings were made , poor decisions made by them and the board, it should be used as an example to improve in future not overly tread lightly. I’m not saying waste money , I’m saying try to buy better than what we have, it’s tough but I do feel we need that surprise signing that gives everyone a lift and really pushes us on otherwise each year will be a borefest of existing whilst those above us potentially widen the gap in quality.

It’s tough I know and a lot easier said than done . Maybe a find a diamond in the rough, a Cahill type signing you know , who surprised us with his quality and determination.
I think Mitrovic is better than Tosun, and Neves is class the others would add depth

Status
Not open for further replies.