Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to an exciting summer of signings; with the second half of the season I feel we've something decent to build upon. COYB

What's the possibilty of him being brought in as 3rd goalie, with Stekelenburg being moved on? Silva already stated he was thinking of reshuffling the goalkeepers situation at Everton.

...i’d have thought doubtful, if Virginia steps up then the 3rd keeper will be with U23s. Lossl is 30, I think he’d have to be no2.

Given its taken until April to get the current squad to play the Silva game well, do we really think he is going to advocate for a bunch of new players? Ive seen some on here asking for an entirely new midfield. Bring back Koemageddon!!
Surely this window sees us try to get Gomes and Zouma permanently and maybe 1-2 others. Perhaps 1-2 additional youth players.
Meunier
Zouma
Gomes
Striker
Buy these and get a lend of Malcolm for a year
Any half decent 30 yr old keeper as backup
That would do me

People on here are strange. I don't think Mitrovic would be a bad signing at all, he gives something different and in this day and age his price isn't going to be ridiculous at all, Fulham have no bargaining power whatsoever. He's also still very young.

People bringing up stats to suit their argument and saying he's terrible before he's even signed nevermind kicked a ball for us. We threw £50m at Richie last year and that's turned out to be a good bit of business even though he had a shocking second half to that season and only scored something like 5 goals. I'm not saying the same will happen here but what's the point in moaning before he's signed? I'm sure Brands and Silva know who they want and know better that 99.9% of people on here so trust them.

Also anyone complaining about a PL goalkeeper on a free who'll likely not play 5 games for the club needs to really have a sit down. Virginia will probably be loaned out where he can play and Lossl will sit on the bench for less than Stek was on. Regardless of who's backup if Pickford gets injured we'd be in a bad position, no point throwing a kid in when he's not ready.

Also seeing people wanting us to look at Jovic, I've even seen shouts for Dybala or Lukaku. What planet are you on? We've just had a fine season finishing 8th with no Europe, we're not getting any player this summer over £60m especially one who can play in Europe every week nevermind in the Champions League. People's expectations are far too high, just let the recruitment staff do their thing and don't freak out at the mere mention of a player just because he's not some world class superstar who for some reason would want to come to us.

Mitrovic on his day can be an absolute handful but how often these days come around is in question for me. Away against decent sides he will be a liability on the half way line and really struggle with a counter attack approach.

I think people have a got a right to be disappointed if they don't like a player we're signing. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to happy clap along.

I don’t get the whole ‘that’s for Skybet’ type thing.

How many people actually bet on where players go?!
I don’t either. I think it’s more just educated/uneducated stabs in the dark to make their organisation look relevant.
Their hit rate is awful. We had a similar “breaking news Sky sources” last summer regarding Malcolm. Think that was officially denied shortly afterwards

What's the possibilty of him being brought in as 3rd goalie, with Stekelenburg being moved on? Silva already stated he was thinking of reshuffling the goalkeepers situation at Everton.

I can only imagine Stekelenberg may not just be moved on, but the club have a fairly clear indication this could happen.

Don't think there's a prayer that Chelsea will sell Zouma given their transfer ban.
Chelsea broke a long standing policy ( John Terry aside ) of giving a 2 year deal to Luiz
That leaves Luiz /Rudiger as first choice pairing with Christensen /Ampadu / Azpelicutta (sp) and any returning loaners as cover
Zouma will know he won’t get regular football at Chelsea so maybe he will push for a move
Normally Chelsea don’t keep players that want to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.