Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I bigged him up a long time ago, in his Anderlecht days, hes a big strong lad, proper arsehole, but his end product makes me weep.

I SUPPOSE if you consider the fact that he had 48 shots on target, you could say he was unlucky? Or just bad finishing, he ran the game versus us, but he was up against a 90 year old Jags.

But even in that game he had some very decent chances which went begging.

Hes everything I look for in a Striker, big, strong, fiesty, doesnt take any crap, but his digits arent great, Strikers arent just there to score goals, but we already have a decent Striker who can lead the line but cant finish.

It makes no sense to spend serious money on somebody you could argue isnt better than DCL.

I remember we were linked with him - could have been the Moyes years. so was interested when he moved to Newcastle, he was a complete nut job, couldn't keep up with the pace or physicality of the PL, got frustrated and basically got sent off every other week. At Newcastle and their many managers who lost patience with him, he got lost between the chairs and he went to Fulham and pretty much got them promoted in half a season. I remember seeing some flashes at Newcastle of some really raw talent and was really curious to watch how he did in the PL.

I watched Fulham a fair bit this year with him in mind young Seesegnon, Seri (who i like) and Cairney who i think is a good little player. Ive been really impressed with Mitrovic to be honest, he has underrated quality in finishing, technique and overall shooting power in finishing talent wise. He has natural qualities very few have with his physique, he is a beast strong, powerful, aggressive, hes unplayable at times and ive seen that against the best defenses and takes three to mark him. He is young and has loads of headroom.

My criticism would be what his numbers suggest. He can be greedy or rather impetuous and take impossible shots on, guilty of taking on to much responsibility and poor shot selection, at Fulham he was always eager to have a go with what ever came his way and it wasnt much as the momentum was generally against them for much of their games. I will say as Fulham chopped and changed managers and he became very isolated under Raneiri and Parker. Raneiri played counter attacking football and Parker then containment football. Under Jojkavic when they played on the front foot he was up there with the best in the league in the early stages of the season. In a different team, one who plays the way we do on the front foot, with support strikers left, right and behind i think he would be excellent.

He has a way to go, his talent needs to be honed he is still raw, he needs to be coached in decision making and shot selection, but he has technique, natural traits, is a beast and plenty of potential to be a real top striker in my honest opinion.

Im surprised by the link as i would have put money on us signing a pacy striker.

Last edited:

The lad from Cardiff - Ethridge, looks a good keeper.

Never noticed anything special about the lad from Huddersfield tbh.

Plus, I`d have thought that Virginia should be making the step up this year tbh.

I’d be happy if we could get Mitrovic in on a loan deal similar to what Newcastle done with Rondon ... too much doubts over him to be spending so much on someone who might not fit into our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.