Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am by no means in the know but I find that hard to believe. Would you as a mediocre player turn down your 100k a week wages and get what at best 30 odd k? This is his making hay while the sun shines time setting him up for life. I would have thought we have to be making up the difference.

£120k per week

He is 23 now, has ten years left in him more or less, only 2 of those will be at everton, so he will have 8 years left once his contract has finished. He probably made a calculation that the money he would lose over the last couple of years of his everton contract could be made up later in his career if he got some kind of form back on loan somewhere else… if you remember it was him that wanted to leave to play last summer, not everton forcing him out https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...i-want-to-keep-ramirez-at-everton_334675.html

It is possible of course, some players just want to be out playing and don't care about the money. But I would have thought his agent would block the above as he has us by the balls. Yes he wants to play so take a loan move and still get paid. In Everton's view least x amount is being paid by the club that take him on and they might get a fee for it too. They might also be able to negotiate a bit less in top up for allowing the move.

If he has taken the option to just wave ALL of his contracted salary then no wonder he isn't a great player with those kind of decision making skills, + he needs to fire his agent and management team el pronto.

It is possible of course, some players just want to be out playing and don't care about the money. But I would have thought his agent would block the above as he has us by the balls. Yes he wants to play so take a loan move and still get paid. In Everton's view least x amount is being paid by the club that take him on and they might get a fee for it too. They might also be able to negotiate a bit less in top up for allowing the move.

If he has taken the option to just wave ALL of his contracted salary then no wonder he isn't a great player with those kind of decision making skills, + he needs to fire his agent and management team el pronto.
To some players the game matters ,and playing in the game matters more.
Maybe sandro is one of those @Eggs

Sandro will never get 100k a week again. At some point though, he'll be off our gravy train regardless. At what point does he walk before this depends on who will pay what for him in terms of wages and longevity of contract, and how much we will subsidise his departure. How long has he got left? 2 years? In that case, he might well be advised to seriously start considering offers. I would also assume that next summer he will be gone regardless if he gets what he considers a decent offer.

Play hardball , he hates it here so make him live here, train here, eat the food etc. make him want to take a pay cut to leave. He doesn’t care atm as he’s getting paid 100k a week to live in Spain. Make him hate it and want to leave

Listened to an interview with the DoF of real sociedad a month or two ago, Sandro accepted a big wage cut to join la Real last summer and everton weren´t covering any of his wages. He is a good lad and works hard… he wont sit on his contract if he wont be playing and there is still a decent footballer in there.

So you’re saying he’s got talent and a great attitude ? Should be worth 120k a week then as he has all the attributes needed .

If you read the question I was asked then Konate would be an option.

I wouldnt play Neves with Sigurdsson...but I also wouldnt play Gomes with Sigurdsson or Schneiderlin with Sigurdsson...

Id sell Gana and Sigurdsson this summer.

The types/profiles I would like to see would be Ndidi, Neves and Sangare.

That would be a class midfield 3.

Good luck creating anything with that midfield.

To some players the game matters ,and playing in the game matters more.
Maybe sandro is one of those @Eggs

.....I think we have to be pragmatic, and even if a player desperately wants to play, he’s not going to walk away from riches that will set him and his family up for life. Players these days are like corporations, he will have agents etc who will all be getting a %.

Play hardball , he hates it here so make him live here, train here, eat the food etc. make him want to take a pay cut to leave. He doesn’t care atm as he’s getting paid 100k a week to live in Spain. Make him hate it and want to leave
To be fair to the lad, it's a similar situation to Niasse. They just came to a place above their skill level and on too much money. As long as they do their utmost and meet the stipulations of their contract, they're earning that money fairly. I would like to think as a club we behave decently with him unlike we did to Niasse under Moorhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.