Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Barca press briefing. All about putting pressure on so they know what they have to spend/make up elsewhere in other sales.

Cool. Lets hope the player will have some say in his destination, even if we go over the "asking price"

Barcelona want to bring in fair few new players this summer so they need to sell. Gomes is their Klaassen so they'll be happy just to move him on. The only problem we've got is if other clubs come in for him who will drive the price up.

I still think he'll end up here regardless but you want to pay as little as possible.

my guess the 23 are:-

Certs:-

Ashley Williams
Cuco Martina
Maarten Stekelenburg
Philip Nikodem Jagielka (hero) (pls give testimonial)
Kurt Zouma (return to Chelsea from loan)
Andre Gomes (return to Barcelona from loan)
Leighton Baines (hero) (pls give testimonial)
Shani Tarashaj

Will leave if a buyer can be found:-

Cenk Tosun
Sandro Ramirez
James McCarthy
Matthew Pennington
Yannick Bolasie
Oumar Niasse
Muhamed Besic
Luke Garbutt
Kevin Mirallas

Unsure:-

Theo Walcott
Nikola Vlasic
Ademola Lookman
Mason Holgate
Antonee Robinson
Callum Connolly
Henry Onyekuru

Gueye will not be sold unless big money is offered and his contract doesnt expire until 2022 so we have no need to sell him either

I imagine Dowell and Beni will have long term futures and won't be sold although its worrying that neither are first team starters for their championship clubs and Beni has barely played any games

In:-

I imagine Zouma and Gomes will be on the shortlist to be signed permanently

i imagine a top quality striker and right back will be big priorities

i imagine a backup for left back will be needed

i imagine at least 2 centre halves for cover will be needed as well

i also imagine he will be looking to bring in a young winger and a central midfielder to boost numbers

....I reckon Dowell, Holgate, Robinson, Onyekuru and Vlasic are in the shop window and will be moved on if possible. Anthony Evans is another young professional who could leave. Could be a purge of the U23s with those Silva doesn’t want to use being sent on loan (Hornby, Feeney).

Status
Not open for further replies.