Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always defended the lad in here, and I did say "arguably". Just some of the things Marco is throwing out there gives the impression that he isn't really doing it in training. I may be wrong and I hope he does fulfil his potential here. But if the lad really doesn't want to be here then I think we should cash in whilst his profile is still high. Hopefully he'll do well with the U21s in the summer.

I think he is in the perfect spot to fulfill his potential, good manager, good club, good players its a waiting game for him. If he doesnt fulfill it it will be an attitude thing as you say, but he every opportunity, i think the ceiling for this lad is huge. This patience and waiting and developing will do him the world of good. I see him as one of the highest quality players in the squad.

Championship players can step up.
Maddison and Brooks two examples from this season who have been good enough .
Idrissa says Hi.
Dele Ali didn't do too bad, and was from a league lower.
David Brooks has been steller as well.
Maddison?
Thank goodness there are many with better memories than mine.

Idrissa Gueye was signed from a championship club and walked into our CM.

Dele Alli signed for Spurs and scored 10 goals in 33 appearances in his debut season for Spurs.

CASE DISMISSED.

cc: @hktoffee

Now stop being silly please. it's unlike you.

Ramsey - played 22 games in his debut season for Arsenal.
Walcott - played 32 times in his debut season for Arsenal.

@blue to the bone - your work here is done my friend.

Ali, Ramsey, Walcott and Cahill agreed. Not denying that. That’s about 4 very good players there.

I don’t include Gana he was playing in PL before we signed him.

The lad from Leicester or some other lads. Average.

I think he is in the perfect spot to fulfill his potential, good manager, good club, good players its a waiting game for him. If he doesnt fulfill it it will be an attitude thing as you say, but he every opportunity, i think the ceiling for this lad is huge. This patience and waiting and developing will do him the world of good. I see him as one of the highest quality players in the squad.
He was far and away the most exciting player on show at the U20 world cup, and apart from Brazil every other top footballing nation took part. He also showed what he can do in Germany last season.

He certainly has quality, but that means nothing if he doesn't have the application. We'll see what develops in the summer.

He was far and away the most exciting player on show at the U20 world cup, and apart from Brazil every other top footballing nation took part. He also showed what he can do in Germany last season.

He certainly has quality, but that means nothing if he doesn't have the application. We'll see what develops in the summer.

I see him and Dom as poles apart in development needs, its difficult to accommodate Ade in a team system and shape and play a role without the ball but he has end product and individual brilliance, he needs to learn to broaden his team game before he can be included in the starting 11 IMO. With Dom i see him fitting a system and team game excellently but lacking in end product.

I see a massive ceiling with Ade and what he can do, cant be coached, thankfully what he is lacking can be, if he is clever enough to learn it.

It's ok to admit you are wrong.
You said championship players could not improve a top 6 or 7 side.
They can .

There is always going to have someone, who would win the lottery first prize. That’s the probability. How likely it would happen.

As you suggested there, there were a couple of players there who came from lower leagues and made contribution to top sides instantly. About 3 out of hundreds of players in about 15 years.

I would not pretend Leicester and Bournemouth are top sides though.

Status
Not open for further replies.