Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please share. :)
Check @dublinbluenose post here:

Brands has already said our summer targets have already been identified and agreed upon (between him and Silva I assume)

As to who those targets are? I think last summer shows Marcel likes to keep our transfer dealings on lockdown.

According to the echo we have opened talks with Ajax over the transfer of David Neres how much of this is true I don’t know but what a signing this lad would be
Ha. If only.

I'd still prefer Lozano tbh but, let's be honest, it wouldn't be a bad second choicelol

hope Bernard isn't dropped, best player last few weeks. Next season will be immense
Need more than one player for each position in a season. Right now none of the front three could be dropped but eventually you might see Calvert-Lewin get an injury or Richarlison go off the boil etc. Then Neres would come in and if he grabbed the position it would be down to the player missing out to wait for his chance to get back in.

Right now though Bernard is the most safe of the front three for me.
I agree it’s a strange one due to Bernard being an absolute gem of a player. Maybe if we are looking to get rid of Lookman and Onyekuru then it would be for depth in Bernard’s position.

We couldn’t drop siggy unless he is having a bad game then we can switch Bernard to number 10 role and put either on the left wing

Yep. squad depth will be key, it is just unusual for us to have such strong options ie, Neres, Bernardo, Ricco and one other vying for our 2 wide positions.

I suppose Henry would be the ideal 4th player, already ours, a bit of an unknown and would only be a bit part player initially, just need to get his permit sorted.

Regarding DCL, I am assuming we are after a proper forward this summer, aren't we? I have been DCL's biggest fan but in all honestly, a forward that could finish would have been a big difference this year.Not ignoring everything that Dom brings to the game but goals are needed.

Check @dublinbluenose post here:

Brands has already said our summer targets have already been identified and agreed upon (between him and Silva I assume)

As to who those targets are? I think last summer shows Marcel likes to keep our transfer dealings on lockdown.

He told that chap on the train loads!! lol

In all seriousness, he only seems to talk abot the players/rumours we already know about, NEVER mentions new players that are under the radar.

Yes i do, he was monumental yesterday and not the only time he has been so this season... my nominating him for sale does not come from a desire to see the back of him just a combination of....

Concerns over consistency and his effectiveness only being limited to one position where recruitment seems to revolve around fluidity amongst the forward positions

If we were to ever sell him he would probably be at his premium value right now

Would be happy to see him stay also i am a fan and performances like that against United there aren’t many in the world that could do it better

13 goals and 5 assists in 35 games. Better than a 1 in 2 direct goal contribution ratio.

Transfer fees (in 99% of cases) are paid over the length of contract not on an annual basis. For example if we pay 25 mill for Morgan and he is half way through his contract,we still owe Utd 12.5 mill in his transfer fee. So his book price is 12.5 mill, his value as an asset to Everton If we sell him to West Ham for 6,25 mill in the summer we still owe united 6.25 mill roughly. If we sell him for 15 mill we make a 2.5mill profit. This is the case with all of our players.

So in Gylfis case, we would have the annual liability to Swansea until the end of his contract that is dropping every year he is here. pretty much the same goes for the majority of players who we have signed recently, its why its so hard to shift them. We send them on loan for a year and their book price drops by another installment of their transfer fee and it might be easier to sell them in the next window. exceptions are the likes of Jamsey, Baines, Coleman and other lads who have been long enough to see their innital liability end. Young players that have come through the academy as well as they carry no book price and if sold are profit. Its always handy to have both of the afore mentioned categories at the club as it diverts funds to either new transfer fees or wages. Essentially we didnt hand Swansea 45mill, we are paying it off annually and over the course of his contract, we are two years into that, so we still owe Swansea money on his fee. If we sell him to make a profit we have to sell him for more of his liability to us, likely if sold him for 30 million we would make an 8-10 mill profit, not 30 million. Not including his wages.

As goat pointed out rightly, wages can sometimes make selling at a loss better in the long term, i think its better to be done very early in the contract myself. But at times if someone is on a big wage the wage liability may be more then crystallized loss, Klassen is an example of that, where we took a big crystallized loss on his fee to save the wage over his contract. Its not ideal and cant be done in multiple cases.

It works the other way as well and we actually have big lines of credit on our future transfer fees, namely on Rom and Stones fees expected from Utd and City. It went a long way to funding last summer in my opinion.

The above is why when lads write lists of if we sell so and so for such million and add it all together we will have 100 million to spend is worthless really. The worse thing you do is annual net and gross spend.
Understand the accounting now, thanks. So the last question is, if we aren't paying a lot of these fees up front, wouldn't we have significant liabilities on our books past the current year? I see net intangible assets of like 240M, current liabilities of 77M, long term liabilities of like 45M, and net cash flow for player registrations of around 100M. I've no idea what those "trade debtor" liability accounts include, but I can tell that we spent 100M in cash on transfers, not on deferred transfer fees.

We have seen recently that our first eleven can be a match for most teams but you can't play the same eleven every week, it isn't about dropping players it is about rotating them and players know and accept this.
Our problem is that we don't really have enough quality players in the squad to rotate properly and I think it is this which will dictate our transfer policy.

Bit snobbish mate.
He's the best player in the league and Spurs tried to purchase him last summer.
I think we absolutely should be in for him. Would be the box to box player we crave.

I can’t recall a Championship player who sign for a top 7 club who become a success next season.

I can’t recall a Championship player who sign for a top 7 club who become a success next season.
So that means they don't and will never exist?
What you're effectively saying is, no team outside of the top league produce good players?

Status
Not open for further replies.