Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See palace are in for Jack Grealish. I think we should be in for him.
Scores goals and always wants the ball. Runs games even though it’s in the championship.He is also young and English and is what we need.

See palace are in for Jack Grealish. I think we should be in for him.
Scores goals and always wants the ball. Runs games even though it’s in the championship.He is also young and English and is what we need.

Would cost Sigurdsson money. Not for that thank you. Could probably get much better value abroad.

I think Brands has this summer planned out and sorted already.

You'd like to think so. He's had a full season here now and plenty of time to prepare. Not to mention we didn't do any business in January with the caveat being that we were focusing on the summer.

In an ideal world we'd announce all of our signings in the first week of June and have them all in on the first day of pre-season.

I think Brands has this summer planned out and sorted already.
There was a quote from him at the conference in London last month that they have identified all their targets already.

from reddit via the echo

"One of the first things you recognise about the club is that the club is really involved in the area."
Brands says every player gives up some of their weekly wage to Everton in the Community
“Andre Gomes, he came from Barcelona, and we asked him in the first month to do some activities for EitC and he picked it up straight away. He's a fantastic player but it's also why the fans love him... He stole the hearts of the fans in just a couple of weeks."
Brands on his move to being a director of football: "It was not planned. At 35 I quit playing but in the last seven years I picked up a lot of studying to prepare for my life after my career - but not in football. In my last year I started working in a bank."
Brands on role models for being a DoF: "There are a few people who have had a big influence in my career. On the football side, I met quite early in my career Txiki Begiristain.”
"One of the most important aspects of my job is to not get too emotional."
Brands on changes he's made at Everton: "My first focus was the transfer window. We had 38 players so the squad was far too big and we had to bring in some new players in positions we felt we had to improve."
Brands highlighting the change he's brought to Everton's director of football role: "The guy before me was really involved in recruitment. I am involved in all departments."
Brands on working with Silva: "Our offices are across from each other at Finch Farm. We are in contact everyday."
Brands on signing players with Silva: "We both have to agree."
Brands now talking about transfer plans and confirms the targets for the summer are already agreed upon.
Brands: "All the players we brought into the club in the summer we under 25. We don't want to invest big money in older players... We are looking at players aged 20-25/26.”
Brands confirms he also travelled to Chile in January to watch the u-20 South American championships

After yesterday do you still feel the same about Gylfi ???

Yes i do, he was monumental yesterday and not the only time he has been so this season... my nominating him for sale does not come from a desire to see the back of him just a combination of....

Concerns over consistency and his effectiveness only being limited to one position where recruitment seems to revolve around fluidity amongst the forward positions

If we were to ever sell him he would probably be at his premium value right now

Would be happy to see him stay also i am a fan and performances like that against United there aren’t many in the world that could do it better

I wasnt suggesting we sell him for 14m, I was just using his yearly "figure" to make it easier.

At this point I would probably take our money back, that doesnt mean I dont rate him, I really do, but moneys, money.

Nobody is ever gonna pay us 45m either like.
Goal scoring midfielders are highly sought, especially creative ones. He's also still the right side of 30.

So I'd be shocked in the current climate if he didn't fetch £30m.

However, the only reason we could have for selling him was if Marco went for a proper 433 formation, as I don't think he's powerful enough to do a role in the midfield 3 and not pacey enough to be in the front 3. We'd still need to replace his goals from midfield though and there aren't many about.

Yes i do, he was monumental yesterday and not the only time he has been so this season... my nominating him for sale does not come from a desire to see the back of him just a combination of....

Concerns over consistency and his effectiveness only being limited to one position where recruitment seems to revolve around fluidity amongst the forward positions

If we were to ever sell him he would probably be at his premium value right now

Would be happy to see him stay also i am a fan and performances like that against United there aren’t many in the world that could do it better

I kind of agree with you. We should be looking to pick players up when they’re young and selling a different one for huge profit every year or so - pick up a young Real Madrid failure and sell on someone to a PSG or the like. If we could do a seasonal Lukaku we’d be sitting pretty. Plus whilst everyone misses his goals, no one misses him as a person (or his dad for that matter).

Would not mind if it was Richarlison end of next season.

Would not mind if it was Richarlison end of next season.
At the risk of sounding pedantic, I dont think selling young good players are the way forward.

A good team has a strong stable spine - a GK, a CB, 2 CMs and a striker. Pickford, Zouma, Gylfi/ Bernard/Schneiderlin and DCL. We have that in place.

We would still need 2 wingers, 2 full backs and another CB to complete a starting XI. Richarlison, Digne, Keane and Walcott are already here. Plus the youths.

If I were Silva, I would look at making permanent Zouma's loan and a player in the mould of Gomes. And look for reliable defender in the mould of Jagielka.

Status
Not open for further replies.