Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dest is super talented for sure and has had the benefit of being raised in a Euro academy for years. Incidentally, there are a slew of super talented US players that have made their way onto European rosters at age 18, usually on frees. Unfortunately, that's how it works with US players that don't already have passports.

But I do wish Everton would jump in and try and take advantage of that. If we have a ban, there's not much we can do. But watching kids like Ulysses Llanez and Alex Mendez sign with Germany clubs seems like opportunities gone by.

I imagine Brands will know all those players well already and it will be interesting to see who comes in.

Ziyech wouldn't interest me at all to be honest, hes not a functional player for us and there are better out there and more proven.

If we dont get Gomes, i would continue to bang the drum for Youri Tielemans, best PL signing in he winter market, hes going to be star and will inevitably end up in the PL on pentameter deal, class act. One of those you need to be in there before his price will ultimately end up in the 80 mill.

I was on about him for ages, then he went to Monaco and did well...but i questioned myself when he went to leicester as i felt he may be a bit lightweight.

Hes been great and when you look at Gomes' lack of defensive nous and mobility it seems crazy to me to ignore these other u21 age players who are potentially top class...

Leicester could have Ndidi Tielemans and Maddison as their midfield trio next season which i think is far superior to Gana Gomes and Sigurdsson in terms of upside.

A clear obstacle to Kieran Dowells development, not to mention the unsettling effect it could have on our Brazilian community at the club. He would defo be in the Baines and Jags gunpowder and plot club.
Yep they are practically the same player anyway we don't need him. I bet it was Messi all along that has orchestrated the whole Capn Jags and Baines situation.

A player like De Ligt can tell you how important early talent evaluation is. Its so often that a player is available for 15 million, and then just 1 year later hes worth 30 million, 40 million, 50 million. You can turn any team into a powerhouse by getting in a year early on the right players.

I doubt De Ligt was ever available for 15m.

And also theres not many leagues in the world other than the Dutch that he would have played 110 first team games at 19.

A player like De Ligt can tell you how important early talent evaluation is. Its so often that a player is available for 15 million, and then just 1 year later hes worth 30 million, 40 million, 50 million. You can turn any team into a powerhouse by getting in a year early on the right players.
You do make it sound easy. Can you please email Mr Brands and let him know.

Status
Not open for further replies.