Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did that guy stand out at Huddersfield? Robertson and Maguire maybe but how about the other 20 odd players in the squad? That guy just isn’t very good. I think it’s a horrible shout we are supposed to aim to break into the top 6 and we aim to sign Mooy...

There's more positions lacking in quality to get that.

I see this idea has caused some upset.

Maybe not Mooy himself (I'd like him) but to me Brands should be looking at a similar CM.

Mooy has made more forward passes and had more touches than Gomes and Siggurdson so far this season. Pass completion is better than Siggy and less than Gomes. He's also scored more and created more than Gomes.

Gomes should be number 1 target in that position. But he needs a back up. Whether it's Mooy or whoever, I still think he's the type we should look for.

Unless Dowell is given the nod.
First of all, per 90 minutes, Mooy has considerably fewer forward passes a game than Gana - who leads Everton by a mile - AND Gomes. He creates some chances in open play, no question, but Gomes creates almost zero and Gana is well, Gana. Siggy is close.

Second of all, Gomes isn't very good by any objective measure, so he's not IMO what we should be looking at, either.

First of all, per 90 minutes, Mooy has considerably fewer forward passes a game than Gana - who leads Everton by a mile - AND Gomes. He creates some chances in open play, no question, but Gomes creates almost zero and Gana is well, Gana. Siggy is close.

Second of all, Gomes isn't very good by any objective measure, so he's not IMO what we should be looking at, either.
If we go just off objective measures Bernard Gomes Keane Pickford and DCL are all horrible. Then there’s Richarlison and Sigurdsson who are top of the league by objective measures but yet you could put Martha Stewart in where Richarlison was for his past 4 goals and she’d have the same tally as him.

We're polls apart in opinions then bud. Gomes is number 1 for be to make permanent

Lad who got the train yesterday 1st class day with his dad next to brands, chatted all the way, Gomes looks done as he wants to stay, 30 mil euros, zouma difficult due to Chelsea situation, wan Bissaka too pricey but interest in rb’s in general.virginia will be 2 nd choice next year.
Interest in the ajax kid
He was off to watch someone in Europe and back for u23 game
Fraser hornby going on loan

Lad who got the train yesterday 1st class day with his dad next to brands, chatted all the way, Gomes looks done as he wants to stay, 30 mil euros, zouma difficult due to Chelsea situation, wan Bissaka too pricey but interest in rb’s in general.virginia will be 2 nd choice next year.
Interest in the ajax kid
It was anderlecht he was off to watch

Feller is a good midfielder who doesn't hide, wants the ball, and links play

We've only got one player like that who is only on loan. We need two.

He'll be cheap, willing to be a good squad player

No. He’s not going to be under £10m.

We already have a slow middle core, and this still isn’t a Birmingham City Forum.

If we go just off objective measures Bernard Gomes Keane Pickford and DCL are all horrible. Then there’s Richarlison and Sigurdsson who are top of the league by objective measures but yet you could put Martha Stewart in where Richarlison was for his past 4 goals and she’d have the same tally as him.

That's absolutely not correct. Bernard creates more chances than anyone else in the team, takes care of the ball better than all our attacking players, and is outstanding. Pickford has been poor this year and Gomes has been IMO mediocre at best. Keane has been rather good by most objective measures. So I'm not sure what stats you are looking at, but they aren't the right ones.

We're polls apart in opinions then bud. Gomes is number 1 for be to make permanent
And I'll simply ask WHY. Because he's classy on the ball? Is it not painfully obviously without stats that he's a complete cone in midfield when the other team has the ball?

If we are looking at anyone from Huddersfield would have thought it would be billings. Has been decent for them fits the profile of young and low wages. My only thought was that he is a bit one paced and as others have said we need to add pace and athleticism. Would be an upgrade on the wage drains that are McCarthy and schneiderlin in the squad. Mooy is a decent player but we have enough players who run like they are stuck in treacle. We need athletes and leaders.

Hopefully we see some moves over the next week or two in terms of signing Gomes
LAs who got the train yesterday 1st class day with his dad next to brands, chatted all the way, Gomes looks done as he wants to stay, 30 mil euros, zouma difficult due to Chelsea situation, wan Bissaka too pricey but interest in rb’s in general.virginia will be 2 nd choice next year.
Interest in the ajax kid

Status
Not open for further replies.